Director, IVD Product Management Sysmex Latin America (Miami Lakes, FL)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Sysmex America Inc
Miami Lakes, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Director, IVD Product Marketing. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Latin America, the Director, of IVD Product Management is responsible for the product management and marketing of Sysmex's portfolio of products sold in the Latin American market (e.g. Hematology, Urinalysis, and Service Marketing).
The position is responsible for creating best of breed marketing and sales programs, and for all aspects of product life cycle management, competitive material and developing thought leaders and marketplace influencers to assist Sysmex in achieving their business objectives.
This position is also responsible for providing in-depth market and industry knowledge, competitive analysis to assist in developing product and market business plans to achieve sales and market share goals, establishing a core of resident Sysmex product knowledge for existing and competitive products, assisting in training sales and application roles, and launching new products and services that achieve mid-term plan goals and meet target requirements.
The Director of IVD Product Management Latin America proactively communicates and works in alignment with all departments within Sysmex in the US and Latin America, conducts all initiatives with professional demeanor, within legal, regulatory and Sysmex standards. The Director demonstrates a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, organizational impact, and ability to manage products and people, within established timelines to meet departmental and company objectives. Also able to effectively determine market data needs/market research needs and obtain necessary sales and marketing data in order to make good business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Day to day management and responsibility for IVD Marketing for Latin America.
2. Coordinates product management activities across the Latin America region.
3. Works closely with commercial managers in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico to ensure marketing initiatives and product management initiatives are being met.
4. Works closely with SAI IVD Product Management and SAI Program Management teams
5. Internal and external champion for the Sysmex IVD product lines (e.g. Hematology, Urinalysis, and Service Marketing). Developing technical materials, white papers, sales tools, product launch materials and training material as appropriate.
6. Develops anti-competitive materials and updates for commercial operations within the region.
7. Develops sales strategies for product lines to achieve business plan goals for the Latin American region.
8. Participates in feedback and input to R&D in Japan on current and future customer needs as required.
9. Supports new product launch teams working across departments to introduce new Sysmex products to the Latin American marketplace and supports and develops key physicians and technologists for participation in marketing studies for IVD product lines. Supports continued development of niche markets for Sysmex product lines.
10. Other duties as requested.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Ability to strategize, negotiate, develop goals and follow through, maintain vigilance and flexibility in a changing environment.
* Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese desirable.
* Bachelors degree, MBA preferred, MLT desired, and 10-15 years of relevant work experience in IVD Marketing/Product management.
* Experience of operations in the Latin American market.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.