- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director, Info Systems-VAREX
Director, Info Systems-VAREX
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Varian Imaging Components
Salt Lake City
This position reports to the CIO and has global responsibility for new spinoff, Varex s, technology
The scope of responsibilities includes managing the voice and data networks, the enterprise level servers, the data centers, system software, security operations, technical support, service desk, and client support services. The position is focused on internal IT service delivery for all employees and the integration of any acquisitions.
The IT Director is a senior leadership role within the Information Technology organization and provides technical vision and thought leadership for the development and operation of the company s IT
infrastructure. Must be able to look at new ways to provide services that add value and decrease operating costs.
In addition, this position:
- Influences and develops corporate and/or organizational IT policies and authorizes
- Directs and controls the activities of the infrastructure group for the successful
operation of those assigned areas.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business. Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for the information technology area.
- Interacts and influences senior management in multiple functional areas.
- Sets and monitors budgets, schedules, work plans, service levels and roadmaps.
- Manages 20 employees worldwide with outsourced services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people. Effective interpersonal skills.
Requires in-depth knowledge of information technology and infrastructure
- Ability to interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
- Knowledge of and experience with data center operations. Global WAN operations, IBM Unix and Windows servers, Office365, telecom vendor
management, voice and wireless services, desktop, internet and security services, disaster recovery, SAP, Oracle databases.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at one time, make decisions and solve problems while under pressure, and prioritize and organize effectively.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Has the ability to
translate business requirements into technical services and explain the business value of any technology investment.
- Proven track record of execution in alignment with strategic planning and
- Extensive experience with architecture, system reliability, and network development.
- Outsourcing and vendor management experience.
Typical Education and Experience:
BS in Computer Science or MIS, MBA preferred.
10+ years related experience, 5+ years as Manager/director of IT Department, preferably in a multi-national company.
Percentage of Travel Required