Director Information Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Be recognized as the IS leader for the business unit or entity/area. Management of locally defined application systems and execution of transition plans to standards-based technology consistent with architecture and standards principles. Provide leadership and direction in the annual and quarterly capital project prioritization processes (this will be at the local entity and in support of the NMHC levels). Lead entity level IS service request management prioritization structures and processes. Ability to effectively work in and through the IS organization to resource prioritized initiatives and escalate as necessary. Responsible for on-going capacity management to deliver improvements. Ensure NMHC Information Services processes, policies, best practices and architecture standards are embedded and adhered to (support at both the local entity and NMHC levels) within their respective organization. May be assigned to direct specific project(s) or functional areas of corporate IS responsibility. Will apply project and program management skills to assigned initiatives. Will be engaged in planning and activation of new facilities for their institution and will support major projects, as needed. Will manage and lead a team of Managers, Team Leads and Analysts to carry out the assigned alignment leader activities. Will have ultimate responsibility for the performance of the IS function to the local entity/area and will ensure that IS is executed effectively. Serves as primary owner of site level customer relationship management. AA/EOE.
* Masters Degree.
* Five or more years of healthcare information technology experience.
* Solid knowledge of advanced database technology, and other technologies that support Clinical and Administrative Information Systems.
* Five or more years of management experience.
* Three or more years of project management experience.
* Solid understanding and knowledge of healthcare delivery and operations.
* Experience with successful implementation of an information systems product or prototype used in a healthcare setting is highly desirable.