Director, Information Services and Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Federal Way, WA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Since 1919, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants has provided engineering and scientific solutions to municipal agencies, businesses and industrial facilities. With offices serving clients throughout the United States, we provide consulting services nationwide. Since our firm's inception, we have focused on providing clients with exceptional personalized service, highly qualified professional staff, and technically advanced engineering solutions. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants continues to lead the industry with innovative, award-winning projects that remain at the vanguard of engineering technology and applied science.
The Director, Information Systems and Technology, will develop and implement an overall IS&T strategy, and lead the Information Technology group to operational excellence in the management and administration of the Kennedy/Jenks IT infrastructure and application portfolio. This person will be responsible for creating a high performance, reliable, and secure IT infrastructure that exceeds user expectations. This position reports to the CFO.
Work closely with senior leadership team to create and execute an information systems and technology program that serves Kennedy/Jenks strategic, tactical, security and business continuity needs. Provide strategic direction and leadership for the IT team. Partner with internal clients to achieve organizational goals.
Information Technology Management
* Provide leadership to the IT team and internal/external partners, managing prioritization, coordination of projects and resources, and reporting.
* Monitor, maintain and upgrade all IT systems, including applications, servers, storage, databases, desktops / laptops, mobile phones and peripherals to achieve high availability and performance objectives.
* Manage the timely backup and recovery of applications and systems to enable the recovery of information should an adverse event occur.
* Evaluate, recommend, implement and administer cloud-based services to provide key functionality to the firm.
* Establish IT group goals, objectives, and operating procedures
* Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure consistent with overall strategy and services
* Develop, track and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for information technology investments and initiatives
* Lead development and implementation of a firm-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
* Serve as day-to-day point of contact with outsourced information technology vendors
* Develop training and delivery methods that maximize employee proficiency with technologies
* Develop, analyze and report key performance indicators
* Develop and document policies and procedures impacting information technology
* Design, monitor, and optimize network operation
* Establish auditable security practices and ensure security measures meet company and compliance requirements.
* Manage phone, video conferencing, and communications system and support
* Manage software licensing and negotiation
* Manage or outsource user support for general IT services company wide
* Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills with the ability to mentor, counsel, and transfer technical knowledge.
Business Systems Support
* Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in information technology systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development
* Supervise system support and enterprise resource planning database administration
* Make tradeoff decisions between commercial off-the-shelf software, open-source software, and custom-developed applications that result in the required economy without negative impact on system stability or cost of maintenance
* Lead the evaluation and implementation of the most appropriate information technology platform
* Enhance business effectiveness by continually evaluating emerging hardware and software technologies and industry trends
Consulting Practice Support
* Partner with diverse technology leaders to support a wide-range of software for computer aided design, GIS, environmental data management, construction management, document/records management, scientific analysis, multi-media, marketing support, and modeling application suites
* Supervise and provide access to ongoing troubleshooting
* Work with technology leaders in pricing of applications, contract negotiations, software support, maintenance, and licensing/renewals
* Periodically work with outside teaming partners, sub-consultants, and clients in data and application sharing for project support
* At least 10 years of increasingly progressive Information Systems and Technology operational, management and business experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience
* Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry is strongly preferred
* Bachelor s degree required
* Proven track record of excellent internal client service
* Experience supporting multi-disciplinary users with financial, administrative, marketing, engineering and scientific applications
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy/Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, stock ownership, profit sharing and excellent health, dental, and life insurance.
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.