Director Infrastructure Services 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Director Infrastructure Services
LOCATION: Memphis, TN
DURATION: 12MonthContract to hire
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To collaborate to define enterprise strategy with regard to data center selection, operations, telecommunications and electronic communication, local and wide area networking and end-user productivity equipment; collaborate with Enterprise Architects, IT Security, IT Development, line of business leadership and other constituents to develop and maintain and innovation roadmap, research and implement innovative technologies that improve profitability and contribute to organizational growth, manage vendor relationships and support end user computing, efficiency and productivity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists VP Infrastructure Services in defining and executing technology strategy across data center, network, unified communications, telephony, mobile communications, and end-user computing.
* Identifies, evaluates, and recommends next-generation infrastructure technology.
* Oversees Infrastructure engineering and related outsourced services.
* Manages enterprise software distribution and facilitates timely upgrades of applications within core system images.
* Partners with line of business leaders, IT Securityand IT Enterprise Architects to define future business technology requirements, understand current and future technology projects, assist in communicating technology vision, and partner with Operations to deliver technology solutions.
* Assists with senior leadership desk side support team
* Provides coaching, mentoring, and development of direct reports and others within the business unit Oversees the work of assigned colleagues, including project assignment and workflow.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as required.
* Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
* Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
* Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, management, information systems, engineering, or related discipline with an IT focus required. Advanced graduate technical or business degree strongly preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include two(2) years of enterprise technology experience at a management level.Proven ability to delegate and oversee delegated tasks.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies
* Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Knowledge of end-user computing and mobile technologies
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
* Commitment to collaboration, teamwork, and open communication
* Committed to developing and leading a strong, geographically dispersed team
* Vendor relationship development and oversight skills
* Awareness of security and privacy standards and requirements