Director, Inside Sales 8/24/2016
RICOH USA, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION PROFILE
The Innovation Center director of sales provides leadership, communicates strategic direction, and plays a lead role in the integration of the Inside Sales organization. The DOS hires, trains, motivates, directs, coaches, and develops the sales management team to achieve individual and Innovation Center budgeted revenue, gross profit, and expense goals and objectives. The DOS is responsible to achieve Ricoh Growth and Operating Income Objectives through a services-led transformation of the Mid Market customer space. Cross functional cooperating is a critical requirement as the teams continue to transform
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides leadership and communicates strategic direction to the Inside Sales SMB organization.
* Directs the activities of the Inside SMB Sales Organization.
* Delivers profitable equipment revenue and positive equipment contribution. Attains key performance metrics and executes on company initiatives.
* Implements and champions strategic direction which impacts RICOH critical success factors including but not limited to sales headcount, equipment contribution, sales rep productivity, lease percentage rate, equipment gross margin, sales turnover, equipment placement marketshare, percent of connected product sales, focus product placements, percent of contracts sold with aftermarket and sales team budgets.
* Leads, motivates and coaches the sales team, while maintaining a positive attitude and setting an example of an aggressive pace in goal achievement. Defines and communicates sales related policies, procedures, processes related to sales activity, account strategy, pipeline development, performance expectations, and sales management.
* Understands, communicates, and champions RICOH sales goals.
* Implements and executes Inside Sales Employee Survey Initiatives.
* Ensures that at all times, business conducted within the sales organization is of the highest ethical and professional standards.
* Responsible for communicating, implementing and complying with the inside sales compensation plan. Inspects the administration of the plan at the Inside Sales level. Provides feedback to corporate on sales compensation plan effectiveness and design.
* Participates in sales calls, Account Planning Sessions, and Customer Account Reviews. Responsible for building strategic relationships with key accounts. Ensures the customer understands RICOH's strategic direction. Proficient skill in delivering the RICOH Conceptual Presentation.
* Oversees major account activities and RFP responses, champions Global account programs, provides strategic guidance, inside sales call support and vendor support as needed.
* Communicates "upward" the market trends, customer attitudes, competitive intelligence and needs of the sales organization.
* Ensures a "Reference Base" of highly satisfied clients exists in the Innovation Center. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Is proactive in problem solving.
* Solicits customer input and feedback during customer visits and round table discussions.
* Engages internal and external resources to problem solve for the customer and throughout RICOH.
* Ensures direct reports meet the agreed upon services and solutions committed to the customer.
* Works with customers and appropriate internal staff to resolve customer issues and complaints.
* Spends time on the phone to observe first hand market trends, customer attitudes, effectiveness of sales promotions, and to evaluate preparedness, knowledge and training needs of the inside sales force.
* Works with the US Directors of Service to develop service supply strategies that increase combined return on sales and copy growth.
* Directs the activities of the inside sales organization.
* Directs the efforts of the sales organization to meet or exceed budgeted unit placement, sales revenue, and gross profit, operating income and expense management goals.
* Assists National Director with the integration of the sales organization. Creates an environment that fosters synergy across all sales teams. Implements local sales promotions to drive cross business line sales activity and focus products/services. Focus the team to selling services over product.
* Assigns equitable sales territories that enable sales representatives to achieve or exceed quota levels consistent with company sales coverage strategies and territory analysis.
* Manages the organization and maintenance of the Inside Sales database.
* Works closely with Sales Support Analyst and Sr. Manager of Field Sales Operations.
* Works to improve the effectiveness of the sales coverage model at the National level usingSales Force/Oracle for territory analysis.
* Keeps sales team apprised of changing policies, competitive developments and industry and market trends. Holds direct reports accountable for protecting RICOH installations from competitive threats and cancellations.
* Manages the development of a high potential sales and sales management team including effective search, hiring, performance management, coaching, career opportunity development and succession planning. Provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development, rewards performance through effective recognition and compensation management.
* Utilizes RICOH Sales Performance Management Program to conduct performance reviews with all sales personnel. Tracks and monitors sales managers' and sales representatives' progress toward achieving development goals. .
* Fosters a learning organization for the sales team. Approves sales training and development schedules for sales personnel. Ensures the sales organization executes on Inside Sales Leadership Training. Promotes the enrollment of the Sales Professional into the sales training continuum. Continually models and trains the sales managers on the art of consultative selling.
* Manages the hiring process to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are achieved for the Inside Sales organization.
* Inside Sales Process champion. Implements and utilizes documented processes and all company sales initiatives. Drives execution of strategic sales activities.
* Provides National Director with accurate summaries of monthly activity, sales results and forecasts.
* Reviews monthly performance reports and adjusts sales programs and strategies to meet the financial objectives.
* Prepares and participates in Region and National conference call to review pipeline, forecasts, big hits and cross business line activity.
* Manages not less than $20 million in annual revenue and associated gross profit and contribution.
* Has a minimum of six (6) direct report sales managers, but not more than twelve.
* Achieves an 10:1 sales rep: sales manager ratio.
* Attainment of the Inside Sales revenue goals relies upon the decisions made by the incumbent.
* The incumbent operates within broad, generally accepted guidelines. Decisions made involving diverse issues such as market penetration strategies and dealing with competitive pressures can affect the profitability of the entire Inside sales organization. Errors are detected through feedback from the National Director and other members of the Inside Sales senior staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
* Requires 6--10 years of general sales, marketing and mid-management experience (staffing, planning, accounting, managing profit and loss statements) to include Major Account Management.
* Demonstrated success in employee and management development
* Demonstrated success in accurate forecasting and planning
* Consistent track record in plan achievement, profitable growth, and/or successful turn-around experience
* Proven success in detailed sales process implementation, execution and inspection
* Direct management of financial results
* Lowered or maintained appropriate retention metrics
* Initiated and executed self/personal development