Director, Internal Audit Services- Americas Region 8/23/2016
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Department Name
Compliance & Internal Audit
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The Director, Internal Audit Services, Americas Region is responsible for leading and managing the Company s financial and compliance audit program, designing and executing the annual internal audit plan, and providing management with the appropriate level of assurance around the Company s compliance with policies. The Director will ensure the design and execution of a systematic, disciplined and balanced approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, internal controls, and risk management. The Director, Internal Audit will manage the activities of internal audit resources as well as external outsourced resources required to support the Company s audit program.
The Director reports to the Chief Financial Officer and has strong partnerships and collaborations with business leaders, Finance, Compliance, Legal and Information Technology. The Director must also establish and maintain a strong collaboration with the company s external auditor in order to perform audit activities in an efficient manner.
1. Design, manage and execute a risk-based Audit Plan that provides assurance to management, the Board of Directors, external auditors and ECL that the Company s operations (including regulatory activities, information technology, environment/health & safety and other pharmaceutical related activities), financial statements and reports comply with company policy, as well as GAAP. Track, follow-up, and report on open audit issues.
2. Manage, oversee J-SOX Testing and facilitate Control Self- Assessment (CSA) activities, including development and implementation of web-based risk assessment tools and facilitation of CSA sessions.
3. Plan and execute the annual audit plan using an internal and co-sourced audit team and a risk-based approach to risk.
4. Meet regularly with senior management, ECL IA and the Board of Directors to review and report results of Audit activities
5. Partner with functional leadership and their staff in developing strong, professional and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Set clear, well defined, desired outcomes for Audit activities and oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management, such as ABAC related reviews or pre-implementation activities.
7. Stay abreast of changes in the Pharma industry to identify new internal audit risks and to proactively shape Internal Audit practices and procedures. Maintain a dialogue with other industry colleagues from professional audit organizations and commercial enterprises.
8. Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with senior executives, management and Audit resources (internal and external) in oral and written communications. Lead the preparation of comprehensive written reports.
Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
An accredited certificate / License in Audit, such as CPA, CIA, CISA
Minimum of 15 Years of Internal / Public Audit experience, with 3 5 years in the Pharma industry
Up to 20% travel
Auto req ID
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet