Director - International Services (DIR)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Director - International Services (DIR)
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Director for International Services is responsible for managing all aspects of UCSF Medical Center s International Services business to include marketing, patient services, financial case management, and carrying out agreed to strategies in Asia, the Middle East and other markets. The Director will develop and implement effective strategies and cultivate important relationships that lead to referral of patients to UCSF, while overseeing the delivery of effective and efficient coordination of care for international patients. He/she will leverage existing academic, research and referral relationships and evaluate new opportunities to grow referrals to UCSF Destination Programs.
This position has a key ambassadorship role at the UCSF Medical Center. The Director is responsible for interfacing, coordinating and personally meeting with internal senior administration, faculty, hospital departments and practices, and externally with embassies, consulates, diplomats and other international agencies and organizations as well as patients and families all to carry out institutional goals for increasing awareness of UCSF in international markets and growing referral volumes. Responsible for working with the Chancellor s office and the Dean of the School of Medicine s office to evaluate current and future international academic and research relationships for their potential patient referral business. The Director is responsible for providing efficient, individualized services to high-level international patients seeking care at UCSF while maintaining high patient satisfaction and creating operational efficiencies. The individual in this role must interact effectively with a diverse, very high profile population while at all times exhibiting diplomacy, cultural sensitivity, kindness and compassion and grace under pressure.
* 8+ years experience carrying out marketing in international markets, especially in Asia
* 8 10 years evaluating and carrying out business development efforts to attract international patients, referrals, academic affiliations and medical researchers
* Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Health Services Administration or related field or a combination of education and related experience
* 5+ years experience in managing the delivery of services in an academic medical center setting
* Demonstrates leadership/management skills and excellent interpersonal relationships skills
* Proven referral and relationship development with international markets
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with complex issues
* Ability to communicate, interact and negotiate in a professional manner with a variety of customers, including patients and families, UCSF faculty and all levels of management
* Ability to interface with high profile individuals in a very professional, compassionate, empathetic and culturally sensitive manner
* Ability to assess cultural needs of patients and their families and provide assistance, as appropriate to ensure that patient care needs are addressed
* Able to set priorities and manage multiple demands effectively
* Ability to function well within a team and independently
* Strong PC skills with knowledge in Microsoft applications such as Word, Access and Excel
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Understanding of Asian cultures and experience working in Asian countries highly preferred
* Understanding of Middle East cultures and working in Middle East countries
* Master s Degree in international relations highly preferred
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,