Director - Investments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Ocean Tomo, LLC
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOcean Tomo's Advisory Service, together with its broker-dealer subsidiary Ocean Tomo Investments Group, LLC ("OTIG"), provides intellectual property ("IP") rich companies with holistic corporate advisory and investment banking services. Our services fill a void in traditional banking by integrating our valuation expertise with best-in-class advisory and monetization services for intangible assets - the economy's largest asset class benefiting from the significant experience and specific expertise which Ocean Tomo provides. We are seeking a senior-level professional to join our Investments team in our San Francisco office. This Director will work closely with the Advisory Services Team focusing on the daily management of investment engagements, including client contact and deal execution, and will be expected to generate new deal flow.
Responsibilities may include:
* Generating new client engagements for OTIG and Ocean Tomo's Advisory Services practice
* Advising clients on all aspects of investment banking and IP transaction activities
* Meeting and coordinating with clients to develop and diligence new opportunities
* Approaching and negotiating with potential acquirers and investors as part of client engagements
* Developing new relationships in the hedge fund, venture capital and private equity community as potential sources of capital for investment banking or IP transaction engagements
* Managing activities of junior team members
* Overseeing the development of deal collateral, including financial models, reports, summaries and presentations used to present sales and acquisition and investment opportunities to operating companies and institutional investors
* BS in economics, finance or accounting; MBA or other advanced degree and/or certification preferred
* 8+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development or financial consulting
* Track record of generating and closing deals with technology companies and entrepreneurs, along with experience raising capital for such transactions
* Thorough understanding of financial statements, accounting techniques and M&A sale processes
* Established relationships with institutional investors and corporate enterprises
* Motivated self-starter with high attention to detail and quality control
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Active FINRA Series 7, 63 and/or 79 exam registration
* Familiarity with the evaluation of IP assets a plus
Our Advisory Services Team routinely works with companies to engineer IP-based transactions across the liquidity and risk-return spectra. Through our network of institutional investors, hedge funds, and private equity investors we work with corporations, research institutions, and entrepreneurs large and small to maximize value for intangible assets.
Ocean Tomo has served as a trusted advisor on some of the largest IP transactions in history, and have a reputation for creating long-standing relationships with businesses of all sizes. We have successfully completed hundreds of transactions with a cumulative transaction value in excess of $650 million. Additionally, we have completed over 750 engagements involving intangible assets worth more than $10 billion, including 250 valuation engagements and 300 financial damages expert testimony engagements.