Director, Knowledge Management 9/3/2016
Energy / Utilities Company
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Establish the organization's Knowledge Management strategy, ensuring that the information needs are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
* Lead the design, implementation and continuous refinement of knowledge plans and strategies to transform key information and intellectual capital into value.
* Provide a strategic view on the further development of knowledge management systems and practices in order to support the work and development of the organization into the future.
* Manage, maintain and develop the organization's knowledge system and content to meet the information needs of the organization
* Lead the development and implementation of content strategies (i.e., enterprise governing structure of how to organize and categorize content) for the web and internal systems including discovery, planning, analysis, migration, delivery and governance
* Establish and enforce effective governance and change management to drive consistency across enterprise knowledge strategy and increase utilization of knowledge platform
* Develop and manage deployment of communications and awareness programs to increase sharing and collaboration
* Leads the design, implementation, and enhancement of core KM approaches used to support critical knowledge flow within and across the business and knowledge domains
* Establishes strategy for KM approaches (e.g., communities of practice, facilitated transfer of best practices, lessons learned, common knowledge flow processes, and collaborative tools)
* Monitors and evaluates the knowledge management program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities
* Leads the KMO team to engage stakeholders and business units in activities related to the knowledge management programs, to include but are not limited to: content analysis, document management, data capture, portals, shared storage locations, workflow, collaboration, data warehousing, decision support, information dissemination; planning to encompass the strategy, architecture and methodology for an enterprise modernization effort; selection, implementation and measure of packaged solutions for enterprise modernization; complete integration of applications with target data and defined processes
* Strong facilitator, change agent, and communicator
* Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, senior level executives and the COMPANY community at large
* Must have expert-level knowledge in enterprise knowledge management, information architecture and taxonomies and tools including:
o Knowledge management technologies, including portal management (SharePoint), website usability, databases & repositories, subscription management, collaborative & social software, content & document management, search engines, expertise locators, taxonomy metadata, metrics reporting & analytics, workflow and process automation applications
o Strong technical knowledge of systems such as SharePoint, SQL, Office, Open Text
o Demonstrated understanding of online usability best practices and approaches
o Knowledge asset acquisition & classification process and tools, such as enterprise taxonomy models, knowledge mapping, after-action reviews, lessons learned, innovation & idea-generation, people profiles
o Knowledge management promotion techniques, such as relationship management, goals & measurements, knowledge-sharing rewards, training, user surveys, communications
* 7+ years of leading, developing and implementing enterprise-wide knowledge management programs
* 10+ years of program/project management experience. Project management skills are required with proven track record including obtaining agreement on project definitions and priorities and ensuring that resources, capabilities, and processes are in place to deliver the project objectives on-time and per budget is required.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, library science, related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience in knowledge, content, information and/or records and information management
* Knowledge-Centered Service certification and utility industry experience preferred