Director, Labor Process Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 10215-19294
Develops and implements the strategic planning for labor and productivity management for the Division, sets specific productivity goals to be accomplished, and directs the activities of the Division aimed toward meeting those strategic goals. Identifies productivity opportunities and communicates recommended solutions appropriately with facility and division leaders. Follows company standard processes and utilizes standard tools to ensure consistency across the company. Collaborates with facility executives and department managers to continually improve productivity results. Participates in annual budget process and implements productivity changes as needed. The Labor PI Director serves as a resource/member of the PI division team to complete of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis. The position is also responsible for complying with corporate policy and procedures, managing resources, promoting teamwork and maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Identifies productivity opportunities and recommends solutions to the appropriate facility and division individuals.
* Provides input on the utilization of PLUS and Benchmark; web-based applications used to capture and report statistical values used for managing labor costs based on units of service.
* Maintains associated infrastructure to insure that accurate and current data is available in productivity based tools (PLUS, Facility Position Control (FPC), Volume Forecasting, Staffing Grids, Facility Scheduler, etc.).
* Provides training, at the department level, for PLUS, FPC, Facility Scheduler, and Scheduling Excellence tools and report interpretation.
* Continuously monitor productivity performance using recognized tools and software.
* Develops, oversees, and improves daily operations, policies, systems and procedures necessary to support cost reduction and system utilization goals.
* Oversees the position requisition process.
* Serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
* Researches and transfers best practices to support performance improvement projects and renders reports based on analysis and research.
* Directs standardization of operational policies and procedures across division as appropriate.
* Utilizes comparative data to target performance improvement opportunities.
* Ensures the delivery of consistent and accurate management reporting to accelerate decision making.
* Participates in facility and division budget planning.
* Serve as resource for productivity standard development.
* Provide weekly and monthly status updates on productivity performance across the Division.
* Actively participates in projects and conversations with labor management peers in other divisions via corporate support structure and contributes to enterprise knowledge bank.
* Bachelor s degree required.
* Master s degree preferred. Relative work experience may substitute for other degrees.
* 7+ years professional experience; 4-6 years relevant work experience
* Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
* Must have advanced analytical skills
* Experience within healthcare operations required
* EXPERIENCE WITH LABOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS PREFERRED
* Division based, travel required, % based on division geographic locations
Last Edited: 10/04/2016