Director of Leadership Development and Training
NBTY Inc - Ronkonkoma, NYThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- NBTY Inc NBTY Inc
- Ronkonkoma, NY
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
The execution of NBTY growth strategy will include a key focus and commitment to building leadership capability to support our business strategy. The Director Leadership Development role is a critical role in building this future. This role will partner with business leaders in creating robust leadership development programs at all levels of the organization. Reporting to the VP Organization Development and Training, this role is a terrific opportunity to influence the growth of the world s largest vitamin and wellness products company by building world-class talent at all levels across the organization.
This role will interact closely with C-suite leaders, and with all levels of Associates. This role will work closely with corporate and field HR leaders and functional leaders to ensure that development programs are anchored in the business and meet clients needs.
1. BUILDING LEARNING & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY AND PROGRAMS THAT SUPPORT/LINK TO THE ACHIEVEMENT OF OUR GROWTH STRATEGY.
Work in this area entails executing a needs assessment of key capability strengths and gaps, building programs to link with core competencies that build leader capability; and ensuring all programs link to our business strategy with a clear ROI and impact.
2. NBTY CORE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: Managing the design, launch and sustainability of this program to provide a foundation of leadership capability across NBTY s people manager population
3. MANAGEMENT OF TRAINING PARTNER RELATIONSHIPS: Identification of key training partners (vendors, consulting firms, universities, etc.) to assist with curriculum design and delivery. Management of all aspects of the training partner relationship, including RFP s, vendor selection, vendor management, program design, program evaluation.
4. CREATING HIGH POTENTIAL LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS. This includes design and implementation of an effective learning and development program, including experiential learning, action learning experiences, and other program needs that tightly manage the career growth for targeted high potential leaders
5. ENGAGING C-SUITE AND SENIOR LEADERS: Gaining alignment and engagement with C-suite leadership and other key leaders in support of the leadership development initiatives
6. LEAD THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NBTY S LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
Utilize program and project management skills to plan, track and execute an enterprise LMS implementation meeting all scope, time, and budget commitments. Develop tools and templates for LMS enterprise rollout strategy work effort
7. TECHNICAL TRAINING: Coordinate with the Operations and Quality functions to create a world-class system of technical, process, quality, equipment operation and set-up, and troubleshooting training. Work in this area includes:
- Design and development of high quality training materials and training processes
8. DRIVING A CULTURE OF LEADERSHIP, DEVELOPMENT AND HIGH PERFORMANCE: Working with the company s top leaders to build a culture of high performance, development and accountability for talent development
* Minimum of 5 years professional Leadership Development experience at the Senior Training Manager or Director-level
* Minimum 3 years experience in design and implementation of corporate-level training programs with proven ability to navigate at the corporate level
* Proven experience in installing a large scale Learning Management System
* Minimum 3 years experience in managing direct reports
EDUCATION - CERTIFICATION - LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
* Bachelor s Degree mandatory
* Advanced Degree preferred
* Sense of urgency
* Driving for Results
* Customer Focus and Collaboration
* Decision Making
* Business acumen
* Instructional design
* Leadership Development program design and implementation
* Technical training program design and implementation
* Excellent platform and facilitation skills; ability to engage an audience
* Project management ability
NBTY is a leading global vertically integrated manufacturer, marketer and distributor of a broad line of high-quality, value-priced nutritional supplements in the United States and throughout the world. Under a number of NBTY and third party brands, the Company offers over 22,000 products, including products marketed by the Company s Nature's Bounty , Vitamin World , Puritan's Pride , Holland & Barrett , Rexall , Sundown , MET-Rx , Worldwide Sport Nutrition , American Health , GNC (UK) , DeTuinen , LeNaturiste , SISU , Solgar , Good 'n' Natural , Home Health , Julian Graves, Ester-C and Natural Wealth brands.
NBTY offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes tuition reimbursement, health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, daycare subsidy and 401(k).
NBTY is an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.