Director, Market Development - Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 5/17/2017
Safran Morpho Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This position is responsible for strategic and operational market development and go-to-market plans and programs, segmentation, consumer and customer development, and communications programs for the Services Business Unit.
Strategic vision, strong communication and relationship-building, and a passion for strategy through to execution are only part of what will determine success in this role. The ideal candidate has worked in a fast-paced, direct to consumer and customer focused business models (B2C and B2B), using a variety of go-to-market strategies, plans and programs including digital and traditional marketing, media, and PR, national and local program development and execution, partner marketing programs, and ideally with some awareness of how to manage and build licensed brands. The successful candidate is a working leader with a proven track record of building brands and driving revenue by collaborating cross-functionally with Operations, Business Development, Sales, Program Management, Product Management, Engineering, and other parts of the business outside of Market Development
This position has direct, ongoing access to C-level leadership and will interface with at senior levels internally and externally (with customers, partners, etc.).
* Develop, lead and drive a comprehensive strategic and operational market development plans including: program development, branding, awareness, content, digital and traditional online and off-line campaigns, communications, national and local events and market operations. Plans must include direct marketing, SEM, SEO, awareness building customer acquisition, email marketing, social media, traditional media, national and local program development and activation, and targeted brand-building initiatives.
* The market development plan is expected to encompass the following at a minimum:
* Brand Development and Management: Create plan for branding and ensure maintenance of brand standards. Assure brand strategies, positioning and consistency.
* Communications/Content/Collateral Development: Lead marketing communications, PR and program development and execution, including company owned and licensed branding, positioning, and messaging.
* Digital and Traditional Marketing/Social Media: Understand organic and paid social media, as well as digital and traditional channels to build the brands, improve awareness, and drive revenu
* Create a social media and digital marketing plans for review and approval. Then execute the plan through approved channels. Grow engagement and traffic and track conversions. Measure and report results.
* Advertising: Assure effective and on strategy copy and content for advertising
* Media: Develop and implement effective media plans (digital and traditional)
* Website: Create compelling content and work with web team to implement multiple sites. Develop and implement the SEO and paid search plan and tactics. Measure and report results.
* Program Development / Events: Identify, plan, develop and implement strategically focused events and program development and activation
* PR: Work with outside PR firm on PR plans, strategies and execution aligned to the commercial marketing plan and market activity.
* Partner Programs: Secure, develop and implement co-marketing programs with current and new partners
* Research: Conduct and analyze market research to determine go-to-market plans and programs
* Manage the evaluation and selection of all market development vendors.
* Manage all aspects of the market development budget; determine mix and allocation across all channels.
* Coach, mentor, and improve the growing market development team and their ability to deliver and exceed expectations
* Support cross-functional interfaces and works closely with other departments to generate demand for and recognition of the Company and our products/services.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor Degree in Business or equivalent work experience in Marketing / Business Development
* 10+ years of relevant experience as a marketing and business development professional showing upward growth in a customer and consumer-facing business
* Proven success in direct to consumer marketing from strategies through to execution and ideally with some brand licensing experience
* Knowledge of how to develop and implement partner marketing programs and to go-to-market plans
* Experience in digital marketing, metrics, and evaluations with hands-on experience in SEO and paid search experience highly desired (including metrics management)
* A passion for current and progressive marketing and PR techniques, applications and programs with the ability to create and implement new cutting edge initiatives and programs across multiple channels
* Able to be creative, take initiative, with a commitment to a speed wins philosophy
* Proven ability using analytics to inform and influence decision-making
* Able to effectively develop strategic business objectives and influence others
* Can guide others toward goals and can coach and mentor employees
* Can express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
* Strong networking skills internally and externally
* Able to understand and drive organizational change
* Able to communicate effectively and set appropriate expectations
Functional and Technical Skills Required:
* Deep knowledge of the entire marketing footprint in consumer and customer markets
* Word, PowerPoint, Excel
* Demonstrated excellent written communication and verbal skills required
* Fully versed in SEO/SEM and paid search best practices and analysis of web and social media channels.
* A deep knowledge of primary social platforms and emerging technologies and their benefits.
* Strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines independently
* Energetic self-starter with good interpersonal and collaborative teamwork skills. A positive attitude. Self-directed, with the ability to see and understand the big picture while remaining focused on execution of day-to-day details.
* Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Must be highly collaborative, and be able to work collaboratively as part of a team, and as an individual contributor
* Must have a can-do , get it done , determined attitude, and a value of accountability for the work, its quality and timeliness
* Must be willing perform the work, as well as manage or collaborate on work, depending on scope. This is a working-leader position.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Ability to travel locally for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops.
* Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities.
* Frequent overnight travel is required; up to 50% of the timeWorking Conditions, such as:
General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.Physical Demands, such as:
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenships
MorphoTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,