Director, Marketing & Communications 8/31/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EVGO IS AMERICA'S LEADING ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) fast-charging network and is positioned to expand rapidly as EV sales continue to accelerate.
Our mission: Build the nation's largest EV charging network while improving the planet and boosting the economy. At home, work, and on the road, we put the right chargers in the right places. Working in partnership with automakers, we the EV movement for all, making it unstoppable. EVgo operates in over 50 major metropolitan areas across the country with charging stations that serve all electric cars on the road today.
Founded in 2010 by NRG Energy, Inc., a Fortune 200 leader in renewable energy, EVgo is now an independent company with a majority ownership by Vision Ridge Partners of Boulder, Colorado, a climate action-oriented investment firm.
YOU CAN BECOME PART OF THE TEAM if you are a seasoned Marketing Executive who has a background working with the automotive industry, with the experience and ability to directly co-market with automakers. We need a dynamic presence to build and lead the marketing organization. You will develop and execute marketing and public relations programs nationwide and be responsible for branding, creative, print, digital, public relations, and providing input for product development. You will focus primarily on consumer marketing and external communications. Your experience with building brand identity and guiding the user experience is crucial!
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT IMPROVING THE PLANET AND BOOSTING THE ECONOMY, and can bring all this to the table, then we want to talk with you!
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; graduatedegreepreferred
* 10 or more years in consumer marketing in positions of increasing responsibility, including marketing organization leadership
* Demonstrated experience with marketing strategy including branding and pricing
* Demonstrated experience with digital and social media
* Experience with subscription or fee-based user group marketing
* Experience with creative, edgy guerilla marketing strategies
* Experience using public relations to attract earned media
* Strong understanding of pricing models and strategies
* Ability to communicate with executives at various levels
* Entrepreneurial experience is preferred - someone with hands-on experience building a marketing organization and getting results with limited resources
* Experience in launching new products is a plus
* Automotive experience and relationships is a plus
* Understanding of electric vehicle drivers and technology is preferred
THE POSITION REPORTS TO VP OF PRODUCT STRATEGY AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT AND IS LOCATED IN WEST LOS ANGELES, CA.