Director, Media Brand Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description The Director, Consumer Marketing Brand Media will lead brand strategy for the Cox Automotive media brands (Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book) across B2B + B2C Media planning; including but not limited to overseeing digital brand efforts, linear TV, digital video, sponsorships, radio, OOH, print, etc for clients and consumers. This role will also lead social strategy across both brands and oversee community managers. This person will be expected to drive the business forward by providing new, innovative ideas and strategies that continue to differentiate our Cox Automotive media brands from the competition in the space. This role will also oversee, lead and manage all brand media agency relationships.
The ideal candidate will not only have a brand media background, but also proven leadership abilities to motivate and inspire large teams, as well as leading peers and influencing senior executives. This position will manage a team of 6 people and requires the ability to effectively manage multiple projects, resources, and people in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and flexible, have strong attention to detail, and possess the ability to complete projects within aggressive timeframes. The position also requires the ability to work closely with senior executives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provides direction and oversight to the brand media and engagement team that sets the B2C strategy for Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book media planning and buying across TV, digital, radio, out-of-home, and media-based sponsorships.
* Provides direction and oversight to the brand media and engagement team that sets the B2B strategy for Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book media planning across digital, radio, out-of-home, print, etc.
* Owns and manages media agency relationship to include management of scope, contract, etc.
* Leads team responsible for B2B and B2C social media strategy, partnership with PR, editorial and product. This team s responsibilities include community management for Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book as well as creative development for social assets as related to ongoing social strategy.
* Partners with traffic acquisition team on all media campaigns for holistic planning across brands
* Partners and provides input and recommendations for overall media mix modeling and Communications Plans across Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book (B2C + B2B)
* 9+ years of experience in Marketing preferred, preferably in a mid- to large-size corporation; 5+ years in a senior media/marketing leadership role preferred
* Experience in marketing for a company with a portfolio of products/ services
* 5+ years of people management experience preferred; experience developing, coaching and motivating future marketing leaders
* Strong analytical skillset
* Ability to manage and prioritize heavy work load and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Workload may demand working extended hours as necessary.
* Experience planning and overseeing a multi-million dollar marketing budget.
* Strong business acumen, with the ability to work effectively with senior leaders and other key stakeholders throughout the organization
* Proven track record leading evolution and transformation of brands, teams, and strategy
* Experience managing advertising agencies and vendors, advertising agency experience a plus
* Extensive experience with both online and offline advertising/communication strategies and campaign development.
Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Other Locations:US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time