Director Medical Staff Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSaint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Directs the overall operations and administration of the Medical Staff Services Department at Saint Joseph Hospital. Develops strategies that support the mission and vision of SCL Health. Consults with and advises Medical Staff Leadership, SJH Leadership, and Hospital.
* Promotes mission, vision and values of SJ and SCL Health.
* Actively fulfills Best in the Nation goals.
* Development, support, maintenance, and oversight of a systematic, effective, and efficient professional peer review process.
* Oversight of Credentialing and Privileging Processes that include, but are not limited to the initial and re-appointment of Medical Staff Members and Allied Health Professionals,
* Oversight of a Continuing Medical Education program Medical Staff Members the meets program accreditation requirements
* Development, implementation, and coordination of effective processes that support Medical Staff functions, programs, and committees.
* Oversees and participates in Human Resource Management Functions such as interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development for Medical Staff Services.
* Supports and facilitates the development, maintenance, and communication of the Bylaws, Rules, and policies of the Medical Staff.
* Collaborate with Medical Staff Leadership and SJH Senior Leadership to assure coordinated, efficient, effective delivery of services and support to the Medical Staff within SJH and the organizations operational and administrative staffs.
* Facilitate and support the development and oversight of a Medical Staff education program that includes but is not limited to leadership orientation, development, and continuing education.
* Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and requirements.
* 5 Years management experience
* Bachelor's Degree
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills
* Demonstrates effective facilitation, coaching, communication, and presentation skills
* Working knowledge of medical staff functions including credentialing and governance.
* Working knowledge of professional peer review.
* Working knowledge of continuing medical education functions.
* Ability to plan and prioritize under stressful conditions
* Masters Degree in business or a healthcare related field
* Registered Nurse License preferred.
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.