Director, Medical Writing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
Medpace is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization (CRO) specializing in a multitude of therapeutic areas. Our headquarters are located in Cincinnati, Ohio and we are active in over 40 countries across the globe. We continue to steadily grow and are looking to add to our team!
Our clinical activities are growing rapidly, and we are currently seeking a full-time, office-based Director, Medical Writing to join our team.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
* Oversee hiring, training, evaluation, and retention of associates. direct line management responsibilities may include training, mentoring, and assisting in the professional development of medical writers; interviewing and selecting new employees; conducting performance evaluations; and advising staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, and priorities;
* Manage the medical writing function within the company by assigning staff to project teams, overseeing medical writing projects, and ensuring agreed to timelines and budgets are met;
* Evaluate departmental capacity needs on an ongoing basis and coordinate/delegate workload efficiently and in accordance with given timelines;
* Review, approve, create, and revise departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and training materials;
* Conduct policy training and ensure employees are working in compliance with SOPs and GCP guidelines;
* Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives;
* Act as an interface between the medical writing group and other functional areas within the company;
* Represent the medical writing group in business development activities, including reviewing or drafting proposals and participating in general capabilities and bid defense meetings ; and
* Participate in the planning, writing, and assembly of medical writing documents as needed.
* PhD preferred with at least 8 years of medical writing experience;
* Previous supervisory experience required;
* Strong computer skills, project management skills, and a high attention to detail;
* Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Experience writing US and/or EU regulatory documents preferred;
* Scientific background preferred.