Director, Net Revenue
OUR CLIENT, A LEADER IN HEALTHCARE SERVICES IS IN SEARCH OF A DIRECTOR, NET REVENUE FOR THEIR DETROIT LOCATION.
* Directs the personnel, operational and financial activities of the net revenue function.
* Oversees the preparation of annual and quarterly cost reports, net revenue maximization and modeling impacts of changes in third party regulations and commercial payor contracts.
* Conducts complex analyses on assigned operating units' costs and applicable third party reimbursements and makes recommendations on the development of financial strategies to maximize net revenues and cost recovery.
* Hires, trains, evaluate and authoritatively recommend the discipline and/or discharge of support staff Develops long and short-term goals and objectives for the net revenue function.
* Develops, secures approval of and administers departmental budget for the net revenue functions at assigned locations.
* Oversees and reviews the completion of quarterly and annual third party cost reports for assigned locations.
* Conducts complex analysis on assigned operating units costs and applicable third party reimbursements and cost recovery from third party payers.
* Reviews reimbursement regulations to ensure optimum reimbursement.
* Directs the preparation of models related to proposed contract and/or reimbursement regulation changes.
* Makes recommendations based on modeling.
* Ensures accurate reflection of outstanding financial issues with third party payers.
* Oversees staff involved in pursuing outstanding settlements due from third party payers for assigned locations.
* Conducts research and provides financial reports including, but not limited to, interpretations of reimbursement regulations, cost reports and responses and/or appeals to third party regulatory requirements.
* Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies.
* As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Master's degreepreferred.
* Understanding of third party reimbursement practices and guidelines, and familiarity with annual cost report filing process for Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM).
* Technical accounting capability with knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
* Seven or more years of progressively more responsible experience in hospital revenue, accounting or third party reimbursement.