Director, Network Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Schiller Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
The Global Network Services Director will have overall leadership responsibility for providing consistent and secure network services for over 8,000 PSAV colleagues across 1400 global locations.
As a Director this role will be responsible for establishing and managing secure data, voice and video communication services and support, manage Service Levels and ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Reporting into the VP of Information Technology Operations, this key leadership role will work closely with IT and Business functions to establish strategies and priorities for network services and to develop technology plans to keep pace with the business demands.
Key Job Responsibilities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
The Global Network Services Director is entrusted with the management, security, design, development and implementation of network services across the enterprise.
NETWORK SOLUTIONS ARCHITECTURE: The Director is responsible for evaluating and researching new technologies that increase productivity and reduce expenses. Lead the configuration, acquisition, deployment, maintenance, and retirement of all network infrastructures across the enterprise including:
* Network Operations/Architecture
* Core Data Center Infrastructure
* Access Layer Infrastructure
* Client and Enterprise Infrastructure
* 3rd Party and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
* Security Operations/Architecture
* Firewall Infrastructure
* Remote Access VPN
* Client and Corporate Circuit Management
* Mobile Device Procurement and Management
* Web/Audi Conferencing
* Centralized VoIP System
* Unified Communications Strategy
DEVELOP AND MANAGE TEAM MEMBERS
* Attract, retain, and develop team members with a focus on service orientation, technical capability and continuous improvement.
* The Director will be responsible for managing geographically diverse teams and will need to foster an environment of collaboration, teamwork and metrics based execution.
* Engage, manage, and develop direct reports to be IT leaders of the future.
* Present and lead discussions between the business and IT.
* Attract and build bench strength that allows for succession planning.
* Sponsor, lead, and coordinate projects and work activities at all levels of the organization
* Identify, set, and manage agreed-upon Service Level Agreements
* Ensure all network/security/telecom infrastructures and staff maintains strict compliance with security policies.
MANAGE GLOBAL NETWORK OPERATIONS
* Establish ITIL based standard operating procedures, key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports to provide visibility to network operations performance and quality.
* Collaborate with colleagues in IT and across business functions to ensure high value service delivery. Effectively manage budgets to contain cost and deliver on key investments.
* Create, document and implement ITIL based policies and procedures
* Develop and implement technology roadmaps
* Ensure department alignment to the overall IT strategy
* Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
* Initiate and maintain hardware and software service contracts for relevant areas.
* Assist in the resolution of technical problems and help manage escalations of critical issues.
* Work on multiple, complex projects as a project leader and a subject matter expert.
* Monitor and report network capacity metrics and plan/budget for required capacity growth.
* Interact with PSAV field operations, facilities, engineering and other subject matter experts as a key stakeholder in the planning and design of new applications and services to ensure they properly integrate into PSAV networks.
* Develop and report operational SLAs/OLAs and metrics for areas of responsibility and present results to senior IT management.
* Travel up to 10%
* 12+ years of professional experience with at least 7years in a managerial capacity managing multiple teams.
* BSdegree in Computer Science, Business, or related field; Master's degreepreferred
* Ability to mentor and cross-train team members and foster a healthy team environment
* Ability to work and manage effectively in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams, gain consensus, and move teams towards a shared vision.
* Ability to create and maintain positive and professional relationships with business users.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Ability to lead a large, cross-functional project
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to relay technical data to a non-technical audience.
* History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
* Knowledge of ITIL 2011 and infrastructure architecture.
* Global IT operations experience.
* In depth knowledge and strong operatingexperiencein the following areas:
* Data Center Architecture
* VPNs, Firewalls
* Remote/Local Access
* Routing Protocols
* Strong background in Cisco hardware and software. Preferred current Cisco certified.
* Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
* Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies related to: IaaS, PaaS, and cloud integrators