Director Occupational Therapy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the occupational therapy assistant program curriculum
* Supervise and evaluate program faculty
* Hire new faculty
* Classroom instruction
* Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or accreditation of program
* Evaluate textbooks, reference books and other teaching materials
* Conduct faculty meetings, and commitment to strategies for professional development.
* Responsibilities related to student advisement
* Fieldwork administration or supervision, committee work, program planning
* Demonstrate understanding of and experience with occupational therapy assistants.
* Document policies and procedures to ensure that the current code of ethics of the profession of occupational therapy is adhered to.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Must be an initially certified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant who is licensed or credentialed according to regulations of the state of Virginia. The program director must hold a minimum of a master s degree in the field or related field.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of occupational therapy, including practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, administrative or supervisory experience, and at least 1 year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities.
* Must possess the academic and experiential qualifications and background that are necessary to meet program objectives and the mission of the university.
* Proficiency in curriculum development
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.