Director Of Contracts - Pharmaceuticals 8/10/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GROWING PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY SEEKS A DIRECTOR OF CONTRACTS TO JOIN THEIR LEGAL TEAM.
The Director - Contracts is responsible for providing high quality advice to senior Legal Department lawyers, project teams, colleagues and senior management on the structure and strategy of commercial arrangements, and for drafting and negotiating contracts in support of multiple departments across the company. The Director - Contracts is also responsible for providing general legal support and advice to the Company's technical operations/manufacturing department and other business units, as assigned.
_*_ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Drafts and negotiates services, licensing, consulting, research collaboration, manufacturing, managed markets, material transfer, confidentiality and other biopharmaceutical and general agreements for multiple departments across the company.
* Advises on the structure and strategy of business arrangements; and works collaboratively with other attorneys and business colleagues to achieve desired outcomes and also ensure all contracts are in compliance with all of the company's legal and regulatory policies and all legal and regulatory requirements.
* Serves as the primary legal contact and advisor to the company's technical operations/manufacturing department and other assigned areas of business; provides general legal support to assigned clients, and works collaboratively with assigned clients to identify, assess, and address general legal concerns, and develops focused advice and solutions.
* Works collaboratively with other attorneys to ensure proper protection of intellectual property assets.
* Acts as a liaison with outside counsel and other professionals to develop appropriate solutions for the company.
* Keeps abreast of laws and regulations to help identify changes and incorporate into or help create policies and procedures based on such development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* JD required.
* Minimum of 8-10 years overall legal experience.
* Minimum of five years contracts experience required, including experience with pharmaceutical technical operations/manufacturing contracts.
* Previous law firm experience and in-house legal experience with a biotech or pharmaceutical company required.
* Strong contract drafting and negotiation experience of various biopharmaceutical and other general agreements required, including but not limited to, commercial, vendor, licensing, consulting, research collaboration, manufacturing, managed markets, material transfer, confidentiality and other agreements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
* Experience in contracts, commercial law, biopharmaceutical regulations, trade secrets, and other legal requirements relevant to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries required.
* Broad understanding of biopharmaceutical industry required, including particularly technical operations/manufacturing.
* Must have the ability to build trust and maintain open and honest relationships through clear communication, alignment of goals and mutually acceptable solutions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Admission to and in good standing with the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated leadership, communication and analytical skills.
* Excellent project management and teamwork skills.
* Strong leadership and organizational skills.
* Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work in a fast paced environment.
COMPANY WILL PAY RELOCATION FOR THE RIGT CANDIDATE!