Director Of Internal Audit 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
The Internal Audit Department's mission is to provide independent, objective assessment of the Company's system of internal control and underlying business processes. Internal Audit will employ the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) framework for defining, evaluating, testing and reporting on the Company's policies, processes and information systems.
The Director of Internal Audit will oversee the performance of the internal audit function. Through the internal audit process, the internal audit function evaluates business processes and financialreporting controls and provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, business systems and financialreporting. This position will work closely with Finance and Operations management in identifying key business risks and evaluating internal controls, as well as working with the External Audit team in supporting the integrated annual financialaudit.
The Director of Internal Audit plays a strategic role by providing a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the company's risk management, controls, compliance and governance processes. This position will be responsible for:
* Developing and implementing an internal Audit methodology consistent with the Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Practices Framework and Standards.
* Developing and implementing global internal audit policies and procedures.
* Establishing standard internal audit practices including the development of annual audit plans and programs, work papers and reporting.
* Managing internal and external resources to execute the annual audit plan.
* Assisting management and the Audit Committee by objectively evaluating accounting, financialreporting, compliance and operational controls.
* Communicating significant audit findings to the Audit Committee, providing assurance to the Board of Directors that internal controls and business processes are effective and operating as planned.
* Responsible for company-wide SOX 404 compliance including maintaining documentation methodology, documentation update program and data repository.
* Implementing a methodology to manage risk and improve performance and operating efficiency of the business
* Aligning the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and internal audit and internal control functions.
* Conducting special investigations and audits as needed.
As the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) champion, the Director of Internal Audit will facilitate the execution of ERM processes and infrastructure as a key enabler to achieving the company's business objectives including:
* Assisting the Board of Directors and senior management in establishing and communicating the organization's ERM objectives and direction.
* Facilitating enterprise-wide risk assessment and monitored critical and emerging risks across the Company.
* Assisting in developing risk mitigation strategies for the organization's critical risks.
* Conducting risk management education and training.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
* Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA) or advanced degreepreferred.
* Five to eight years of experience in public accounting or professional internal auditing.
* Technical skills include knowledge of IIA, COSO, Sarbanes-Oxley and PCAOB standards.
* Advance computer skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization.
* Project management and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
* Travel is required, including international travel, ranging from 30-40%.