Director - Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Director of Operations position covers a wide range of equipment and disciplines including gas gathering systems, gas compression, gas dehydration, cryogenic gas plant operation, and NGL/residue pipeline operations. Responsibilities include oversight of a large gathering system, multiple gas processing plants, 100 gas compression units, and a large work force. A strong knowledge of natural gas gathering and processing is essential. Other responsibilities include Safety, budget development/management, regulatory compliance, environmental compliance, and overall employee morale.
- Position covers a wide range of natural gas projects and requires a high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making, communications, and operations management skills required.
- Ensures all engineering operations initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices for analysis, development and implementation of projects.
- Must possess self-motivation and initiative to recognize, analyze and recommend alternative solutions to problems and issues.
- Requires good verbal and written interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of clients, peers, and management, both internal and external.
- Ability to develop and implement a site sourcing strategy
- Experienced with implementing supplier consignment
- Proven track record of change management and ability to operate in an ever changing environment.
- Proficiency in financial analysis including variance reporting, currency risk, and bid evaluation
- Proven track record conducting risk assessments and implementing corrective action plans
- Able to function in a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Demonstrating operational excellence in safety, quality, delivery, cost and organizational development.
- Proactively working to reduce HS&E risks, and promoting safe behaviors in the workplace while not impacting the environment.
- Defining and implementing new directives for growth in production and quality improvements.
- Keeping current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Building and managing a team of professionals, driving employee engagement, positive culture and execute strategic workforce planning initiatives.
- Developing a cross-functional team and a change management program to manage complex nature of business, projects and initiatives
- Effectively manage an operations region in a manner consistent with Company and government requirements.
- Participates with top operations management in the establishment of company operations related goals, expense budgets, capital budgets, objectives and plans.
- Establishes and assures implementation of regional operations and administrative objective and plans.
- Develops and manages an effective organization and directs all regional operations, maintenance and technical service activities in a manner which meets system requirements and/or contractual commitments in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with operational and technical standards and governmental codes and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with other regions and organizations associated with operations as well as key personnel associated with corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Fosters good customer and community relations in work area.
- Directs investigations and complaints from landowners, customers, and suppliers.
- Directly supervises operations managers, Safety representatives, and region administrative personnel.
- Minimum 15 years related experience which should include a detailed knowledge of industry practices.
- B.S. Degree preferred (High School Diploma with equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree).
- Significant experience within the oil and gas industry in operations management and oversight, including supervising management level engagement teams in the field and providing input into engagement decisions
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with senior clients in a professional services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel at a significant level, as needed
- Comfortable and experienced with communications to executive leaders and senior stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, develop project plans and meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge and comprehension of new subject matter areas.
- Ability to structure complex/chaotic information in short time frames
- Project management of a complex internal project with stakeholders across multiple business units
- Specific project management abilities include: Schedule management, an ability to identify and mitigate risks, ability to create and build tracking for metrics
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience in the functional lines of the gas business, including generation, procurement, transmission, and customer services
- Knowledge of material procurement process and as-built documentation, etc.
- Possess a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and ability to work effectively with changing priorities.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, function effectively as a team player, and lead others to do the same.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Twenty years' experience in natural gas gathering, compression, dehydration, processing, and transmission
- Twenty years' of progressive responsibility in the Midstream industry
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications