This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
The Director of Operations-Strategy for ICT, will coordinate and drive the strategic direction for Operations for ICT Globally. The position will report to the VP of Global Operations for Industrial, Commercial and Transportation.
Industrial & Commercial Transportation is a nearly $850 million Business Unit that is part of the Transportation Solutions segment of TE. Our business unit is looking for strategic leaders who can envision the future state, are driven to execute a plan to get there and can energize
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Develop the overall operating strategic direction for ICT Operations integrating the initiatives of Manufacturing, Procurement, Materials Management, and TEOA
* Understand the business, sales, marketing, and develop the operating strategy to support the business objectives of ICT
* Support the development of the adjacent business objectives for the adjacencies that are strategic for the ICT business unit.
* Support and mentor the sites based on operating teams to enable them to succeed in the execution of the site operating strategic plans
* Monitor progress against plans and achievement of continuous improvement to higher performance objectives
* Exchange operational best practices and shared knowledge and expertise between plants and across BU s
* Benchmark the best-in-class companies and integrate best practices into operational strategic planning
* B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
* 5+ years of experience with a focus on production, manufacturing, logistics, material management, procurement, industrial engineering, and economical knowledge
* Management experience in manufacturing operations
* Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities at site level or regional level
* Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the management of different cultures and diversities
* Excellent communication and coaching skills at all levels from the shop floor to the top management (Strong team leader)
* Solid inter/intra personal skills
* Ability to work within and outside of functional department to gain consensus rather than give directives
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to think strategically and execute tactically to deliver the desired results
* The role will involve travel globally