This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector Operations - Auto Liability (464608)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be responsible for the technical and operational functions within assigned office(s) including compliance with company standards and industry best practices; to ensure consistent delivery of quality services including direct operational responsibility of an office in the location where the manager resides; to be responsible for staffing and training needs; and to be responsible for budget preparation and profit and loss management for assigned offices. Has direct and/or indirect responsibility for 50-99 colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for overall operations management for all assigned locations/offices.
* Establishes policy and procedures to assure compliance to best practices, claims management services standards, state regulations, and client service requirements.
* Establishes business plan with goals and objectives for the partnership and locations/offices.
* Monitors management reports relating to the partner/office performance.
* Assists with the coordination of sales and client service efforts.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as required.
* Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
* Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
* Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. CPCU, ARM, AIM, and/or AIC certifications preferred. Licenses as required.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired to include seven (7) years of claim management experience and four (4) years of supervisory experience.
Skills & Knowledge
* Strong technical claims knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Leadership/management/motivational skills
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies