- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director - Organization and Operations
ISG - Virtual, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Director’s responsibility includes leading large/complex sourcing business engagements or multiple smaller engagements in support of client outsourcing initiatives. Responsible for overall delivery and client satisfaction, high-level client interaction, project status management and reporting, recommendation and implementation approach development, implementation management, identifying and selling additional value-add work for clients, and supporting sales opportunities,
ISG Director has the responsibility to generate between $500K - $2M annually (amount to be determined annually based upon budget) in client revenues per year and manage projects which generate $1-2M (amount to be determined annually based upon budget) per year.
This position is under supervision of a Partner but individual is expected to operate independently.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications:
• 15 to 20 years of recent experiences in several roles including technology, account management, sales, sales support and service delivery management. Experience working for an outsourcing service provider is a plus.
• Experience focused on transformation aspects including shared services, operational improvement, outsourcing/offshoring, and insourcing.
• Experience in leading clients through complex transformations, including planning and execution.
• Significant knowledge of information technology, service delivery, outsourcing contracts, operating models and service provider management.
• Industry-specific knowledge may be required for certain Director positions depending upon the needs of individual ISG Verticals.
• Leadership experience with small to medium size teams.
• 10 plus years recent experience with consulting engagements or with large consulting firm.
• 5 plus years of “hands on” sourcing consulting experience developing complex operation solutions with executive teams, and coaching and advising executives.
• Significant delivery management experience, including managing teams at all project phases, exemplary track record in successful client relationship management and multi-project oversight.
• Thorough knowledge of sourcing contract terms and conditions.
• Recognized by peers as subject matter expert in related sourcing issues and industry expert by clients.
• Thorough understanding of global corporate financial practices and goals - including drivers of process costs, ability to work with Service Providers to ensure effective cost solutions and agreed upon service level agreements.
• Business development and sales experience including prospecting, lead qualification, proposal writing, sales calls and sales support.
• Expert knowledge of capabilities of Tier 1 and Tier 2 outsourcing Service Providers.
• Practice development experience, including sales and marketing collateral development, IP development and solution development.
• Expert ability to do both strategic assessment and transactional consulting at senior levels. Understands full sourcing lifecycle.
• Team development and management experience, including recruiting, relationship management, mentoring and utilization management.
• Expert presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in a technical or scientific field
• MBA/MS or other advanced degree(s) desirable
• 75% - 100% required
• Demonstrates working knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, MS-Outlook.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides consultation services to clients and suppliers in areas of insourcing, outsourcing, transformation management, financial business case development, executive relationships, leadership, negotiation, administration and marketing.
• Interacts directly with senior client and service provider executives..
• Independently develops project work plans and customizes to meet client specifications as well as estimates staffing, task duration, and client staffing requirements.
• Develops medium to large complex business cases and possesses a thorough knowledge of budgets, the budgeting process, and corporate finance for large or geographically dispersed clients.
• Oversees or develops the financial, statement of work, service level and contract terms portions of the RFP.
• Leads evaluation of Service Provider proposals and identifies potential strengths/weaknesses.
• Develops strategy or tactics to move Service Providers to the client-desired outcome.
• Is recognized as leader in both project work as well as within ISG. Takes initiative to participate and lead aspects of ISG business.
• Leads the planning and the development of all project deliverables and assumes overall responsibility for staffing, budget, work plans, scope, project milestones, issues management and risk management utilizing ISG’s project management methods, tools and templates.