Job Code: 01417-7348
Doctors Hospital is located in Augusta, Georgia, the state s second largest and oldest city, and is home of the annual Masters Golf Tournament. Doctors Hospital is nationally known for our Burn Center, the largest in the U.S. We have also been recognized as a top performing hospital by the Joint Commission, Cancer Center accredited by the American College of Surgeons, Chest Pain Accredited, earned the Joint Commission's certificate of distinction for total hip and total knee replacement and spinal fusion surgery, and we are the only CARF accredited facility in our area. We have a growth strategy in trauma and emergency services, having recently obtained Level III Designation and working toward Level II.
We are looking for a new Director of Orthopedics, to lead a staff of 40+ FTE's, on our state-of-the-art, hip, knee and spine certified Orthopedic Unit. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of leadership experience and a strong background in Orthopedics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Integrating their department s services with the hospitals primary functions.
* Coordinating and integrating services within their department(s) and with other departments.
* Developing and implementing policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
* Recommending a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care/service and assuring the qualifications and competence of those staff members (who are not licensed independent practitioners) meet the needs of patient care and non-patient care services.
* Ensuring orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in their department(s) is provided.
* Continually assessing and improving their department s performance and maintaining appropriate quality control programs.
* Recommending space and other resources needed by the department and participating in selecting outside resources needed by their department(s).
EDUCATION: Bachelor's in Nursing is required. Masters Degree preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current Georgia RN License
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years/medical/surgical/Orthopedic experience and 3-5 years management experience.
Last Edited: 10/12/2016