Director - PICU / NICU / Pediatrics UNIT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fountain Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for DIRECTOR - PICU / NICU / PEDIATRICS UNIT for our client in FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR - PICU / NICU / PEDIATRICS UNIT
JOB LOCATION: FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
* Required DIRECTOR - PICU / NICU / Pediatrics UNIT
* Manages the overall operations of assigned Units/Departments on a 24-hour basis.
* Establishes, implements and monitors standards for care for assigned Units/Departments.
* Assures that each area's quality program is in place and effective in improving the quality of services delivered.
* Works with coordinators and staff to define the appropriate patient care delivery systems and implements necessary changes that will result in the most effective, cost efficient system.
* Effectively utilizes hospital resources via an established position control, reduction of turnover and Registry usage, control of overtime, and productivity.
* Responds to emergency situations and works towards rapid resolution of Unit problems utilizing solutions that reflect preventative measures to avoid repetitive situations.
* Demonstrates the ability to independently manage department projects and completes on a timely basis.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the change process through project implementation. Negotiates and manages outside contracts within assigned areas.
* Develops and implements short and long range goals for departments listed that support the mission and objectives of the organization.
* Provides leadership to new program development, implementation and evaluation.
* Acts as a consultant in areas of expertise.
* Promotes multidisciplinary team work in order to meet the hospital's goals and objectives.
* Promotes teamwork among staff, peers, physicians and others.
* Actively participates in hospital committees, task forces, projects, and provides leadership as assigned.
* Represents hospital through active participation in outside activities and organizations.
* Ensures professional self development through continuing education and assuming additional responsibilities or projects that could extend beyond the specific focus of one's own department.
* Organizes, directs, and staffs department in a manner that is commensurate with the scope of service offered.
* Maintains appropriate controls of departmental functions to insure smooth, effective operations.
* Recommends new services/modifications to existing services to meet patient needs and provide additional sources of revenue.
* Ensures the availability of sufficient numbers of qualified personnel to implement the hospital plan for the provision of patient care.
* Responsible for the effective recruitment, selection, orientation, promotion, evaluation, retention and termination of department employees.
* Establishes job performance standards, functions, responsibilities and the qualifications of department employees.
* Assesses the qualifications and competency of staff and contracted staff.
* Performance reviews are completed and submitted on or before due date.
* Ensures that department is in compliance with JCAHO requirements, hospital policies and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
* Ensures that department is in compliance with all applicable safety and security practices, infection control policies, fire and safety and disaster planning.
* Responsible for development and implementation of Department specific policy and procedures.
* Responsible for the implementation of ongoing Quality Assurance and quality improvement programs that measure the quality and appropriateness of patient care/services provided by members of the staff in all areas listed above.
* Demonstrate knowledge of CQI through application of the principles in annual plan.
* Uses systematic methods to improve services, plan changes and evaluate outcomes.
* Ensures the development and implementation of a comprehensive CQI Plan that integrates into the hospital-wide CQI Plan.
* Reviews, evaluates and recommends modifications to annual operating budget(s) to provide adequate space and resources needed by the department.
* National certification: CCRN And have at least three years of clinical nursing experience of which at least one year shall be in pediatric critical care nursing.
* Working knowledge of California Children's Services (CCS) guidelines.
* PALS ACLS
* Job: Pediatric/Neonatal
* Shift begin time: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
* Benefits - Full
* Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
* Commission Compensation - No
* Bonus Eligible - Yes
* Overtime Eligible - No
* Interview Travel Reimbursed - No