Director, Patient Care Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Director, Patient Care Services, as part of the administrative team, assists with the organization, direction, management and evaluation of Patient Care Services to attain the hospital's objectives established by the governing authority. The Director, Patient Care Services has operational responsibility for multiple units/departments and may also have responsibility for units/departments that do not have a direct operational line to the Chief Nursing officer. In this capacity, the Director, Patient Care Services has the responsibility to ensure that these areas are following regulatory and professional standards of practice.
* Ten years nursing experience with a minimum of 5 years progressive nursing leadership experience at the Director level in a similar sized organization
* Experience with, and a commitment to, service excellence, innovation and a focus on patient, customer and staff satisfaction
* Ability to mentor and develop leadership staff, and appropriately delegate to assigned staff
* Must be comfortable with sharing decision-making with colleagues, patient care leadership and the medical staff
* Leaders with strong operations experience and an appreciation for the complexities associated with departmental-wide problem solving
* Fiscal competency, ability to effectively represent the nursing department to all levels of management and staff
* Current State of Illinois RN License in good standing
* Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
* Master's of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business or a related field
* Certification through the ANCC as NE preferred