Director Patient Financial Services, Longview TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Orange Park, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08945-124417
As one of the healthcare industry s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide proven expertise and best practices for revenue cycle in hospitals and hospital systems. Parallon's purpose is simple: We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Why work for Parallon* Parallon provides a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Core Plus Voluntary Benefits, Direct Deposit, E-Stubs, 401K Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Wellness and a variety of other benefits available to Parallon employees. These competitive benefits provide employees with a total rewards package during their employment
The Patient Financial Services Director is responsible for the daily operations of all Parallon managed facility based revenue cycle functions and serves as the on site liaison between the facility and Parallon Client Relations or the Shared Service Center. The PFS Director integrates the departments services with the hospital s clinical and ancillary teams, implements policies and procedures that guide or support service levels, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Shared Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its clients.
Operational Duties Include But Are Not Limited to:
* Oversee facility operations of Patient Access functions (e.g. scheduling, pre registration, benefit verification, pre authorization, admission/registration, financial counseling, etc.) to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard
* Serve as the primary on site liaison between the SSC/CRM and the Facility
* Maintain and promote good customer relations with facility management, physicians and physician office staff
* Coordinate with facility departments/administration teams to manage key revenue cycle performance expectations and challenges including: upfront collections protocols, capturing accurate information, timely registration and patient satisfaction, denial prevention, patient flow, unbilled, patient concerns, and more
* Review Patient Access performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in Service Level Agreements
* Inform designated CRM AVP of any significant issues in the Patient Access areas (e.g., Preregistration delays, unbilled challenges, pre authorization backlogs, etc.)
* Ensure quality review measurements are in place
* Facilitate implementation and monitoring of standard policies, processes, reporting and education programs
* Oversee management of Patient Access personnel, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate to Facility leadership
* Develop specific objectives, budgets, and performance standards for each area of responsibility
* Identify and implement process improvements to lower costs and improve services to facility customers
* Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for direct reports
* Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered
* Attends in service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards
* Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues
* Patient Access or Hospital Business Office experience required.
* Minimum 5 years management experience required.
* Experience in healthcare provider finance operations or similar service environments required.
* Bachelors degree in Business or related field highly preferred.
* Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
Last Edited: 09/08/2016