Director, Payroll Service Delivery - Americas
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Provides oversight and direction to the regional payroll team(s) to ensure the timely and accurate processing of payroll in alignment with global strategy and standards, compliance and quality.
* Establish short and long term goals for the payroll team providing guidance and direction to staff. Foster an environment for career development and ensure performance assessments align with established goals.
* Partner with business leads, the HR function and HR Shared Services on incident/problem management to ensure solutions are in compliance with business needs and integrated process remains intact.
* Partner with HR to ensure that the collective bargaining agreement between the organization and the AFL-CIO is upheld.
* Execute approved regional payroll project roadmap and ensure project deliverables are completed on time by following established procedures and schedules and managing resources efficiently.
* Manages payroll vendor relationships at the regional level to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Work closely with payroll vendors to implement upgrades, new processes and/or change existing processes as well as to maintain current processes.
* Stay abreast of industry trends, including new functionality. Remain proactive on providing direction, making recommendations and establishing proposals for enhancing efficiency. Ensure recommended enhancements and changes are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, government regulations, and corporate validation processes.
* Track, analyze and report regional Payroll Shared Services established metrics. Utilize metrics data to drive process effectiveness and adherence to SLAs.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 8 years of experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Prefer expert knowledge of ADP or other payroll systems as well as other related 3rd party vendors. Working knowledge of payroll, timekeeping, general ledger, HR information systems and customer case management tools is beneficial to the success of the payroll service delivery team. Microsoft Office products (including Power Point and Excel) is necessary along with a sound knowledge of US GAAP.
* Must possess excellent analytical & problem resolution skills. Must possess strong interpersonal skills, and clear oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management. Must possess superior management skills, a strong work ethic, consensus gathering skills and organizational skills. Must have the ability to motivate others (team building) to perform at peak levels with the ability to enhance the organizations capabilities through effective management of resources and skills. Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic and changing environment. Must be able to project a professional image, a discreet work manner and possess a high level of confidentiality.
* Position functions semi-autonomously. Position directly supervises the Payroll Manager and their staff. Must be able to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing concerns and resolving problems.
* CPP preferred, but not required.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with managers, directors, function heads and officers of the company with excellent communicate communication skills. Ability to present to audiences across the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to develop and interpret logic statements. Ability to develop formula type mathematical expressions.
* Ability to solve problems with complex variables through non-standardized solutions that require independent judgment and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and use deductive reasoning with no prescribed procedures to solve complex problems.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table. May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Light lifting requirements.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2016, 9:48:49 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.