Director, PeopleSoft Human Capital Mgmt (HCM) System - The Office Of Administrative Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/28/2016
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Business, or related field is preferred.
Seven (7) years proven experience with PeopleSoft HCM, to include three (3) years of experience managing a PeopleSoft HCM or comparable support operation. Must possess proven, strong experience using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access).
Manage the ongoing operation, maintenance and enhancement of the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system. Supervise resources assigned to HCM related tasks. Participate as a key manager on a team dedicated to the efficient, effective, and reliable operation of the PeopleSoft ERP at UT Southwestern.
1. Work with end users and other stakeholders to define HCM requirements, workflow, and reporting needs.
2. Oversee all modifications affecting the operation of the HCM modules and workflow.
3. Oversee the testing required to validate the accuracy and reliability of changes affecting HCM.
4. Participate in the resolution of HCM problems, concerns and issues as necessary.
5. Review all requests for additions, modifications or deletions to the HCM operation.
6. Manage personnel and resources assigned to maintenance and enhancement of the HCM system.
7. Prepare estimates and budget for initiatives affecting the HCM system.
8. Assume a leadership role in HCM governance.
9. Follow project management (PM) methodologies and practices consistent with those used by the ERP team.
10. Guide the development and implementation of effective communication strategies to ensure stakeholder involvement and participation, and to promote trust among stakeholders.
11. Communicate project status to executive management and other business leaders; promote open flow of communication and build team relationships, and provide regular status reports summarizing current progress and identifying issues / obstacles that may arise.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Makes recommendations for application selection, software systems development, systems maintenance, production activities and for necessary support resources.
Contributes to and, if assigned, manages contract fulfillment in a project environment under direction of Assistance Vice-President of Business Administrative Systems.
Investigates and resolves complex problems and coordinates efforts to provide innovative strategies and solutions.
Communicates with customers providing customer service, serving as trusted advisor and resolving problems to customers satisfaction.
Acts as liaison and provides leadership for team and area of responsibility.
Provides leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individual professional development.
Allocates appropriate resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time, scope and budget.
Creates and maintains staffing plan to support the current and future work demands and project deliverables.
Initiates and implements new technologies, methodologies, process and procedures to support UTSW long and short term goals.
Creates and supports standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team and to work effectively with the other teams.
Establishes and nurtures positive relationships with other UTSW departments.
Demonstrates the ability to adapt to and lead, change and coach others in the acceptance and support of change.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..