Director, Planning and Logistics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Veeco s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, flexible OLED displays, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS and wireless chips. We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE, Ion Beam and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize productivity and achieve lower cost of ownership.
Veeco Instruments is currently seeking a Director, Planning and Logistics to join our world-class Global Operations in Somerset, NJ. This position reports to the Senior Director of Manufacturing Operations and serves as a key member of the Operations management team. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the materials and logistics team. This is a demanding role that requires strategic planning, superb execution in a fast-paced challenging environment, and exceptional leadership skills for organizational development. The successful candidate will be responsible for the materials management, production planning, and warehouse operations functions for a variety of manufacturing scenarios complex capital equipment, refurbishment and configuration of complex equipment, run rate business, global service and spare parts, etc. The successful candidate will be capable of managing numerous complex priorities simultaneously, with a hands on approach and style.
* Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and coordinates and implements strategy related to inventory control, and planning/scheduling functions to ensure timely completion and support of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and site inventory plans
* Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of, production planners, spare parts planners, warehouse personnel and the master scheduler
* Develops, prepares or improves processes, procedures, and instructions regarding planning and warehousing systems and procedures. Ensures that outsourced assemblies and component materials are available to support the MPS and spare parts sales orders
* Responsible for the process which identifies and communicates parts/material status including shortages
* Resolves material problems to minimize downtime and operational delays
* Drives continuous improvement. Identifies, plans and executes major improvement projects
* Understands the financial impact of decisions on the business
* Observes team members to ensure compliance to Veeco procedures, safety protocols, and SOX requirements
* Develops and conducts training on proper procedures, as required
* Prepares inventory forecast, based on MPS plans
* Responsible for Excess & Obsolete analysis, forecast, and financial reserve recommendations. Looks for and implements productivity improvements and material cost reductions
* Tracks, analyzes, and develops action plans for Materials department metrics, such as IRA, OTD, Fill Rates, Stock Outs/Zero Bin, MRB cycle time, etc.
* Develops plan and is responsible for oversight on inventory cycle counts
Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering Logistics Management or related area preferred with minimum 12 years of planning and logistics experience. Accreditations such as APICS certification in Supply Chain Management, or Detailed Scheduling and Planning, or CPIM preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrates outstanding leadership skills in the development of the team, and building credibility cross-functionally across Veeco
* Sound quality practices and understanding in ISO-9000, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Six Sigma is desirable
* Global supply chain and contract manufacturing experience is highly preferred
* The individual should be a dynamic leader who will possess the essential characteristics of a can-do attitude, integrity, competitiveness, accountability, creativity, and teamwork.
* The individual must also be a true leader, capable of inspiring others by creating, articulating and implementing a vision for the Materials team
* Must have demonstrated the ability to build and develop a high-performing team through assessment, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and developing others
* Knowledge of Quality Management Techniques like Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, 8D, etc.
* Must be competent with ERP programs, SAP is preferred
* This position requires domestic and international travel (less than 25%)
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.