Director Portfolio Business Management, Personal Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Santa Cruz, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Background
Working at Plantronics gives you the rare opportunity to make a difference and feel valued, respected and supported, both personally and professionally. You'll find the ideal blend of a casual, fun, friendly atmosphere with a strong commitment to the company's success.
Since 1961 Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) people have been bringing sound innovation to the world. We are a world leader in personal audio communications for professionals and consumers. Our reputation for excellence is built on innovative products, a people-centered workplace and strong ethics.
Headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, Plantronics and its Clarity division have offices in 20 countries, including facilities in Mexico, China, and Europe. Plantronics offers a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as career development opportunities to its associates. Discover Plantronics.
Plantronics develops solutions that address the dynamic changes of how we work, communicate and play. Whether speaking human-to-human, or interacting human-to-machine we're focused on delivering amazingly simple yet premium experiences.
Enabling connected individuals to be their best throughout their day is paramount, along with helping them be in the zone when they need to concentrate on their work, their workout, their game, or simply step back and relax.
We are seeking a Director of Portfolio Business Management for our mobile consumer category. The role will primarily focus on mobile music and mobile communications solutions.
* Provide business insights to portfolio experience management team in charge of defining future portfolios and roadmaps. Actively contribute to the business aspects of early stage definition (pricing, forecasting, ROI).
* Lead a team of business managers, driving product portfolio from introduction-to-market, to end-of-life.
* Optimize profit and revenue for the whole category on a global basis with specific control and empowerment on route-to-market, SKU, pricing and lifecycle strategies.
* Drive and prioritize all tactical programs as part of lifecycle management.
* Drive analysis of business performance by product lifecycle and by defined time periods, identifying gaps, key learning, defining and following-up on course corrections when need be.
* Articulate positioning and Feature-Benefit-Value analysis for marketing and other functional teams to be leveraged for outbound messaging definition.
* Collaborate with sales and marketing as the outbound representative of the product management effort and ensure both messages and business directions are aligned with original intent.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in consumer product management or product marketing experience in hardware, with a focus on audio/music solutions experience
* Strong business orientation with general management skills
* Stellar team leadership and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, matrix driven organization.
* Strong organizational skills for development, management and coordination of multiple projects and schedules
* MBA or equivalent with strong relevant experience in the field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability .
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.