Director Portfolio Risk Management 8/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR PORTFOLIO RISK MANAGEMENT
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director Portfolio Risk Management manages a highly skilled team responsible for risk oversight of the unsecured lending portfolio. The Director will work closely with line of business, regulators and auditors along with Finance and Treasury to ensure complete, consistent and accurate capture and reporting of risk information and principles.
* Provide oversight to the line of business and its risk controls ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework and policies
* Promote a culture of strong and consistent credit risk management, to facilitate the achievement of strategic risk objectives, desired asset quality and satisfactory ratings from audit and regulatory agencies
* Lead the portfolio management team in its independent identification, assessment and challenges related to risks throughout the credit process by providing executive management with critical inputs needed to understand portfolio risks and trends
* Ongoing review of models, including pricing, scorecards and residual risk, allowing for corrective action prior to systematic increases in risk profile
* Provide viewpoint on risk tolerance, including benchmark metrics such as control limits, caps and key risk indicators, and diversification to maximize risk adjusted returns
* Examine the portfolio on a comprehensive, as well as a segmented basis
* Design and implement the change management framework for credit risk activities
* Proactively identify and escalate emerging risks with portfolio recommendations
* Assist as needed in enterprise wide projects
* Assure clear, concise and objective reporting
* Identify and resolve issues and observations as they arise
* Maintain ongoing relationships with management throughout the organization and effectively manage and motivate the team
* Interact with Executive Management as well as leadership of all departments to facilitate the accomplishment of corporate goals
* Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards
* Responsible for all aspects of the team member's life cycle including, recruitment, performance management, development and coaching
* Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism
* Deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Manages staff is responsible for the day to day guidance, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
* 3 to 5years of previous management experience required.
* 8-10years of progressive experience within consumer or commercial banking risk management
* Strong knowledge of all relevant regulatory and accounting guidance concerning consumer lending
* Advanced understanding of credit risk concepts including Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure At Default (EAD) and vintage effects
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with regulators, internal and external auditors
* Experience managing MIS/reporting, portfolio management and forecasting functions
* Understanding of software applications such as SQL, SAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
* Knowledge of credit risk reporting structures (Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETLs), Risk Data Management, Risk Data Warehouse, data validation models etc.)
* Understanding of legal documents
* Dedication to information integrity, accurate reporting and strict confidentiality
* Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
* Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues
* Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
* Possess superior organizational and leadership skills with focus on development and mentorship
* Ability to adapt to various work environments and project schedules
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
* Strategic and tactical thinker with ability to multitask and prioritize
* Graduatedegree in a related field preferred.
* Spanish language skills a plus.
Staff Perm is a Certified Small Business and a LGBTBE Diversity Certified Business Enterprise that is BBB Accredited utilizing a staff with over 20years of staffing and placement experience to simplify the employee recruitment process.
Staff Perm | One Galleria Tower | 13355 Noel Rd. Suite 1100 | Dallas, TX 75240