Director Pricing - Home Appliances
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director, Home Appliance Pricing is responsible for the development and execution of HA Pricing strategies for SHC through the use of marketing applications such as Show Your Way Rewards, Targeted Interactions, and Financial Services Offerings. This role will be critical in the development of overall SHC pricing philosophies, principles, guidelines, and methodologies as well as the use of competitive benchmarking to drive improved retail sales, margin and customer price perception. This role will work closely with our internal marketing and merchant partners, online partners, and other key internal and external partners as needed.Responsibilities:
* Evaluate, recommend changes, and improve pricing strategies for regular, promotional and clearance activities to improve overall sales and margin performance to assist the business in meeting financial goals leveraging the capabilities of marketing applications such as Show Your Way Rewards, Targeted Interactions, and Financial Services Offerings.
* With business partners, develop pricing strategies leveraging the capabilities of marketing applications such as Show Your Way Rewards, Targeted Interactions, and Financial Services Offerings across all SHC businesses including Kmart stores, Sears stores, Sears.com, Kmart.com, myGofer, Hardware stores, Hometown stores, and other formats
* Manages and provide pricing analytics to Marketing.
* Provides analytics expertise to identify specific margin opportunities and works with the buying group to execute, i.e., evaluates price sensitivity and potential price changes, development of margin enhancement programs for targeted businesses, etc.
* Manages and improve price optimization analytics to identify and capitalize sales and margin opportunities.
* Oversee and execute competitive price checking process; ensure current guidelines and procedures align with corporate pricing strategy.
* Lead and establish benchmarking practices for SHC, with key insights into our competitors' pricing activities
* Anticipates and understands short and long-term competitive market trends. Uses this information to develop and implement pricing strategy for optimal gross margin.
* Establish the methodology and plan for ongoing set of pricing tests, including the scale, depth and frequency of competitive shopping.
* Operationalize processes with key merchants for their categories while achieving consistency in policy and guidelines governing pricing actions.
* Drives the process to review impact and effectiveness of pricing implementation with other groups to ensure consistent execution of pricing policy and to identify gross margin opportunities.
* Conceptualizes how new business processes can better support the retailer's business environment and pricing needs. Develops and implements new pricing tools and processes.
* Extensive project planning and management experience leading cross-functional teams to successfully implement enterprise wide initiatives
* Demonstrated ability in driving change; Ability to take an organization through transition.
* Expert in Pricing Best Practices and Strategy.
* Advanced quantitative and statistical knowledge with practical experience in retail business environment
* Results-oriented, businessperson with successful career track in retail strategy or pricing optimization and analytics
* Previous retail industry experience in pricing or merchandising is a plus.
* Customer mindset - experience providing internal service to the business. Formed strong relationships, understood client experiences and expectations and work to anticipate needs.
* Change management experience - has worked on projects / initiatives that have required substantial change and has been a part of managing how that change will occur.
* Team experience - has led projects / initiatives involving cross-functional teams. Build strong relationships across the organization.
* Communication excellence - experience communicating complex issues in a simple to understand and actionable way.
* Strong operations background and the ability to implement and drive change through a large organization
* Software skills including PowerPoint, Access and Excel.EEO EMPLOYER