Director, Procurement and Operations Advisory- Public Sector
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
KPMG clients know our insights and guidance will help them to better understand market dynamics and address the many challenges they face. Improving business performance, turning risk and compliance efforts into opportunities, and creating, enhancing and preserving value are at the core of what we do. Our professionals work with many of the world's leading organizations enabling them to innovate and expand, leverage IT investments, protect financial assets, manage risk, develop winning strategies and boost market confidence. They can count on our relentless execution to help get the job done right. We are currently seeking a Director in Customer & Operations for our Management Consulting practice to join our national practice, preferably in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Boston, Detroit, or Atlanta.
- Lead key business development activities related to related to government procurement, subcontracts management, compliance, purchase-to-pay (P2P) transformation, strategic sourcing and category management in the Government sector including targeting key C- level clients, proposing our services and closing new business opportunities
- Lead highly skilled client and KPMG work teams throughout the project lifecycle by leveraging our supply chain approaches/frameworks and helping to ensure timely execution of project deliverables
- Execute process transformation, measurable improved operational performance and organizational restructuring
- Establish client value propositions that tie financial metrics and CFO focus areas directly to operations business improvement
- Participate in continual development and publication of thought leadership and service offerings
- Assist Partners with practice administration including:
resource allocation, career development of staff, and other people management decisions
- Eight years of management consulting experience in P2P services procurement transformation, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, category management and contract management processes related to Government Procurement and Subcontracts Management
- Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering, operations analysis or a related field from an accredited college/university; MBA from an accredited college/university preferred
- Experience in project management and oversight, including supervising staff level engagement teams in the field and providing input into engagement decisions related to Government procurement contracts, including the regulations and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with senior clients in a professional services environment
- Excellent foundational consulting skills including:
strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills, impactful client presence, compelling facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel at a significant level, as needed
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .