Director, Product Development
Are you a leader capable of defining marketing strategies, developing new products, leading technology and engineering teams, opening up new markets, and helping companies understand their customers more intimately Do you have a track record of building product innovation and development teams, strategic marketing leadership, and leading product innovation Are you looking for an opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of an organization by playing an integral role in managing the product lifecycle of leading global categories and programs
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your marketing acumen will help our privately-held manufacturing client in southern California cement their dominance in the industry and propel your career to the next level!
Our client is a leader in the marketing and manufacturing of professional and consumer tools with a retail distribution network that extends throughout the United States and Canada. They plan to drive the next wave of growth through product innovation, high quality manufacturing and engineering, and change leadership to advance this industry leader's performance globally. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President, and your role will include significant responsibility and visibility to the C-Suite and board of directors.
40%-50%travelrequired for research, innovation partner visits, teamwork, vendor visits, and trade shows.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
* Drive the entire product development process
* Act as the point person for research, creativity, innovation, and promotion
* Manage all aspects of the product lifecycle, both new and existing
* Oversee management of a new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution for global teams
* Lead the cross-functional project teams to align strategic initiatives and product development strategy
* Develop and execute the annual and 3-year product plans, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
* Collaboratively help build an end-user and brand-centric organization
* Partner with marketing/brand managers and external agencies to carry out effective promotional and communication plans that meet global growth objectives and brand positioning
* Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
* 10+ years of applicable experience in Brand Marketing and durable goods Product Development, preferably in a manufacturing environment
* NPD process orientation with front-end expertise
* Strong negotiation, change leadership, critical thinking, and analytical skills
* Proven ability to identify, define, and successfully lead multidimensional and global projects
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills