Director Product Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Laureate Education Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Reporting to the Vice President, Product and Strategy for Laureate Education Inc. s Global Products and Services (GPS) Division, the Director, Product Management drives the strategy, requirements, business analysis, market assessment, priority setting, and end-user analysis process for Laureate s customer relationship management (CRM) systems that align to and enhance business goals and market positioning. This role requires a deep understanding of consumer marketing and recruitment processes and managing the strategic direction, priorities, and investments of the technology systems that support each institution.
The Director, Product Management plays a key leadership role in understanding the financial performance of programs to ensure student experience, revenue goals and budgets are met, and identifying and catalyzing new opportunities that can drive revenue and profitability. He/she evaluates program performance to diagnose problem areas, propose solutions, and oversee and direct their implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop launch plans centered on SalesForce enhancements: evaluate market data to recommend programs.
* Lead and guide product development team comprised of developers, architects, product owners, business analysts and QA in developing program strategy to meet the needs of the audience and valuable claims for the audience.
* Coordinate day-to-day product management activities for the business to ensure revenue and budget goals are met. Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Lead business stakeholder meetings
* Analyze daily/weekly/month usage data
* Manage and direct roadmap activities
* Report out on risks and overall status
* Possess a strong sense for balancing design and data to execute meaningful product goals that meet user, business and partner needs.
* Identify, recommend, and develop plans for potential market opportunities through intensive market and end-user research and segmentation activities such as focus groups, surveys, and customer interviews.
* Provide intellectual thought leadership to the Product Management function, and drive the product development process in a results oriented model.
* Collaborate closely with product development, academic leadership and business leadership to drive overall student and faculty experience.
* Identify potential market opportunities leading to product line expansion and overall division growth on an international scale.
* Work collaboratively with functional area colleagues on implementing product strategy and launching new products.
* Develop and lead strategic projects that arise from an in-depth understanding of the audience and the market.
* Proactively manage multiple and varied stakeholder relationships (internal and external) to effect business change; understanding their needs, issues, and criteria for success.
* Research and interpret business and audience trends; translate these trends into successful programs.
* Travel as needed, estimated to be 10% of the time including both domestic and international.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Undergraduate degree in business, liberal arts, and/or technology
* Master's degree desired (MBA preferred)
* A minimum of 6 years of commercial software product experience and/or consumer marketing; 6-8 years preferred
* A minimum of 4 years of CRM technology expertise including SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
* Ability to lead and guide a high-performing, cross-functional team
* Experience working in and leading an Agile/Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment
* Successful experience launching products internationally strongly preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentations to Senior and Executive level Management and the entire organization.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate issues and recommendations persuasively and effectively to key stakeholders.
* Must have demonstrated research and analytic skills, as well as the ability to take disparate information (research data, brain storming ideas, etc.) and make strategic recommendations quickly.
* Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration experience, with the ability to quickly develop and manage both internal and external relationships and contacts.
* Preferred to have in-depth understanding of the higher education industry in order to provide educated recommendations to management on direction, profitability, and ROI for new and existing programs.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.