- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director, Product Management
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Backup and Recovery Product Management team is responsible for defining and driving the business and technical strategy for our market leading Backup and Recovery solutions. In our mission to drive compelling, differentiated solutions for our customers we must ensure we drive growth for both our existing Backup and Recovery solutions as well as provide a foundation for new, value add solutions, that help customers solve their Information Management challenges.
Core areas of focus for the Backup and Recovery team include:
* Ensuring we build solutions our customers, partners and the market as whole see as compelling and differentiated these means we must have regular and consistent contact with our customers and non-customers.
* Delivering End-to-end solutions which address the whole customer life-cycle, from awareness, to pilot, to deployment, and to ongoing operation and improvement. This demands strong cross-functional execution with teams including R&D, Marketing, Sales and Services.
* Focusing on not just solving needs around Backup & Recovery but making our Veritas Backup & Recovery solutions a key leverage for innovation around Information Management challenges customers face today and tomorrow.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The scope of the role for the DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT is to lead the Product Owner Team and advance them within the new agile development environment and help to continue evolve our agile practices overall. The Product Owners are the primary interface of the development teams to the product management organization and ensure the teams actively interact with the key stakeholders from other disciplines during the development projects (e.g. customers, partners, operations, customer support, etc). Leading the Product Owners, the DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT is responsible for ensuring the MVP (Minimal Viable Product) is well understood by the development teams and delivered in alignment with the Strategy and Roadmap defined in co-operation with the Product Management team. They also ensure customers are engaged at all stage of design and development so we can ensure there is continuous validation and feedback with internal and external stakeholders and we can take immediate steps to evolve our solutions as needed.
The DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT leads a team of Product Owners responsible for the following:
Voice of the customer
* Focus on building the right thing that optimizes business value and customer satisfaction.
Customer s goals and obstacles
* Understand the overall customer s goals and any obstacles that come in the way of accomplishing those goals.
* Focus on customer problems as opposed to features requested by them.
* Facilitate and actively participate in customer demos.
* Facilitate customer surveys to better understand customer problems and goals.
* Effectively manage customer feedback and refine the backlog to reflect recent learnings.
* Actively participate in customer visits to understand customer problems.
* Play an active part in the beta releases and engage with the customers to solicit feedback.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT ENGAGEMENT
Align on Product Roadmaps
* Pro-actively works with the Product Manager to ensure alignment with the Product Roadmap.
* Shares feedback with scrum teams
* Share the feedback and the learnings from Customer Engagement with the Product Manager.
* This will enable the Product Owner to contribute to the strategic vision and the roadmap of the product.
* Builds expertise in the Solution Areas/Market Spaces they are engaged in
Product Management Framework Artifacts
* Ensure that any new epics that are assigned to the team are completely defined by the Product Manager. This includes the PM artifacts and the customer list.
* Help the Product Manager, if needed, with the PM artifacts. The PM owns and drives the work.
* A Product Owner actively works with the Scrum Team and architect on a day-to-day basis.
* Represents the voice of the customer in responses to the Scrum Team.
* Must Be highly available to the Scrum Team.
* Effectively responds to questions from the Scrum Teams
* Remove blockers from a business and product point of view.
* Load balance product defects work with innovation work
Sprint demos and planning
* Actively participate in the team s Sprint demos and planning sessions to ensure that business value is being delivered.
* Evangelize the business value of the Epic and User Stories to the Scrum Team.
Prioritization and refinement
* Prioritizes the backlog for the team to optimize business value
* Refines the backlog for the team based on customer feedback
Defines and continuously validates the Minimum Viable Product
* Focuses on building the right thing
* Focuses of delivering business value in sprint based increments
* Don t make them in isolation leverage team and stakeholders
* Leverage the understanding of customer goals and obstacles to make decisions on the backlog items.
* Articulate the reasoning behind various decisions to the team and other stake holders
Active participation in the Release pre-planning and planning events
* Lead the activity for the assigned teams
* Ensure readiness at the organization level in general and at the team level in particular
* Ensure that the right stakeholders are involved
* Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, and other stakeholders
Release plan Readout
* Lead the team in creating the Readout
* Ensure that the Readout is customer driven and aligns with product roadmap
* Review the Readout with the leadership team and other stakeholders
* Keep the Readout up to date through out the quarter
* Effectively communicate any changes to the Readout
EXPERIENCE (SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE):
* Ability to make objective business decisions using data obtained from primary and secondary research
* Analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
* Business acumen with ability to use tools such as SWOT analysis, Porter s 5 forces, for business modeling
* Aptitude for big picture/strategic thinking & ability to translate into execution
* Ability to make smart simplifying assumptions when there are complicated details
* Ability to make objective decisions for product backlog prioritization
* Ability to create crisp, high quality communications, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to create messaging that highlights market and customer value as well as differentiation
* Ability to present to a variety of audiences
* Ability to build relationships with people across all levels and organization
* Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multi-national environment
* 8+ YEARS EXPERIENCE IN PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, PRODUCT OWNER ROLES OR PROJECT MANAGEMENT ROLES.
* A Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business OR equivalent experience required.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.