Director - Product Manager - Investment Sector
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
DIRECTOR-PRODUCT MANAGER (ESG) - INVESTMENT SECTOR - NEW YORK
LINE OF BUSINESS Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS)
DEPARTMENT/TEAM The insurance product management team plays a critical role in managing the insurance products and services delivered around the world. This vacancy is for a role working on the highly successful Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) and associated Scenario Generation product suite.
Our ESG is used globally and enjoys dominant market share in the UK and Europe and growing presence in Asia and North America.
ROLE - This is an exciting opportunity to take a key role in the development of our market-leading Economic Scenario Generator (ESG).
Low yields, closure of under-funded DB pension schemes and transfer to DC, Solvency II, increased conduct regulation are all factors that are driving increased demand for the use of sophisticated economic scenario modelling and for designing and managing investment solutions. Our ESG is already used across the globe by a list of leading asset managers, institutional investment advisors and retirement product platforms.
This new role has been created with the objective of further developing our scenario modeling proposition for the INVESTMENT SECTOR. The role would suit candidates with a strong technical background and communication skills, experience of developing modeling solutions for investment applications, but who would like to further develop their business and commercial capabilities.
The role offers a mix of technical work - working with our quantitative research team to develop cutting edge modeling solutions - with a range of broader activities including market engagement, commercial strategy and client consulting projects. The successful candidate will be expected to take a leading role in communicating the technical features of our solution to the market.
The Product Manager will work closely with quantitative research analysts, product development analysts, softwareengineers and our sales and client service function to help develop our scenario modeling offering for the ASSET MANAGEMENT and INVESTMENT SECTOR.
* Engaging with clients and the wider market to gather product requirements for our scenario modeling solutions
* Matching market & product strategy with ERS Business Sponsors / Senior Management
* Communicating market & product strategy to Product Analysts and Product Delivery function
* Working with other Product Managers to align product requirements and define longer-term product roadmaps
* Coordinating research objectives/deliverables with Product Research Lead(s)
* Working with the product delivery teams to determine product development roadmaps
* Setting product pricing
* Working with Sales & Advisory Services to specify client projects and commercial proposals
* Development of thought-leadership content to support proposition marketing
* Deliver presentations at marketing events & relevant industry conferences
The role will also include a number of supporting activities
* Client and partner relationship management
* Supporting the sales teams and processes by providing product knowledge and expertise
* Producing content for inclusion in product marketing collateral: fact-sheets, case studies
* Client consulting services: engagement management & delivery