Director, Professional Learning 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
The Director of Professional Learning will have global responsibility to set strategic direction and effectively run the Daikin Applied Learning Institute. This will be accomplished through setting and leading the professional development philosophy, goals and objectives. The Director, Professional Learning will continue to transform the Professional Learning Institute into a high caliber, customer-centric, learning organization. The Director will also be responsible for managing ongoing establishments of goals such as planning, developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating curriculum and instructional programs for the Professional Learning Institute. Additionally, set and lead professional development philosophy, goals, and objectives. This individual will establish an effective integrated learning strategy that aligns with Company strategy and priorities, and will design and build a more efficient training organization. Key responsibilities of this newly created role include:
* Lead a complex team of Trainers, Technical Writers and Managers in two locations
* Leads efforts to identify and design learning and organizational development needs that support critical business initiatives; develops and delivers appropriate solutions by working with internal and external resources
* Manages all aspects of training lifecycle, to include supervision of ongoing training programs, development of future training programs, and training consultation for key stakeholders, Mentors, leads and coaches staff to assure that the skill set of the team is aligned to the learning and development needs of the business
* Works with outside vendors and builds strong relationships with executive coaches and other partners
* Learning Strategy & Initiatives
* Sets international training strategy; partners with others in Human Resources and Sales to further drive learning strategies within the businesses
* Sets yearly priorities and development plans and works with team to allocate team resources
* Works with training team, HR business partners and business leaders to identify and implement organization learning programs and talent management processes to support and partner with the business
* Ensures a high degree of execution consistency; knowledge retention and effectiveness measured and tracked through carefully designed metrics
* Analytics, Technology & Metrics
* Develop and lead a measurement plan to prove the direct business impact of CRM
* Constantly strives to achieve better results and greater efficiencies
* Continuously innovate and experiment in the rapidly changing fields of adult learning science and technology, to keep pushing the effectiveness of our learning interventions
* Manages metrics and ROI for marketing and communications of programs, manage budgets and resources, reporting, measurement and maintenance of training records, vendor and stakeholder management
* Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
* 15+ years of professional experience, 5+ years of leadership experience
* Executive presence, demonstrated leadership characteristics of self-motivation, confidence, influence, integrity, and professional savvy
* Ability to quantify results, lead change, and interface with all levels of the organization
* An individual of unquestioned integrity, possessing strong interpersonal skills, a sense of urgency and a hands-on approach
* Strong customer service orientation with outstanding communications skills and executive presence to proactively manage stakeholders' interests
* A leadership style characterized by straightforwardness, approachability, team orientation and collaboration
* An executive who leads by example and motivates individuals, at all levels, to strive for success and excellence
* Proven track record of effective people management including coaching, motivating, inspiring and development planning
* Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence and execute
* Superior interpersonal & communication skills with a unique ability to influence people, articulate ideas, and lead highly effective Trainers
* Competitor experience in commercial HVAC industry
* Ability to integrate customer needs into effective and efficient learning solutions
* Demonstrated expertise in methods and tools for successful identification, design, development, implementation and measurement of learning solutions
* Ability to project manage and drive and manage change that results in positive impact
* Confident, open and willing to confront difficult issues and challenges others in order to create positive change
* An individual capable of articulating and selling ideas and concepts in all mediums, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled