Director, Program Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Laureate Education, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Director Program Management is a member of the Corporate IT Finance function and is responsible for facilitating program execution across the IT Finance portfolio. In this capacity, the program manager leads a team that is responsible for escalating impediments, managing risk, maintaining relationship with clients, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. This position is also responsible for facilitating program events such as Release Planning, Inspect & Adapt, and the Scrum of Scrums.
The Director Program Management ensures mission execution, leads and facilitates software teams through development and delivery, guides the transition to and implementation of lean agile framework, and is Agile and SAFe facilitator and coach at the Portfolio, Program, and Team levels. This position helps to guide and manage teams through the delivery of software and services, embracing and casting the Agile mindset across client spaces. Supports project teams and clients with project startup and Agile transformations. Supports teams in architectural runway development and work break-down and serve as an expert on Agile software principles to clients, engineering managers, developers, quality engineers, software designers, and architects. Engages directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques. Collaborates with the community of practice, develops and conducts Agile-oriented training, and identifies and deploys key metrics to enable continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the delivery of IT financial platform features
* Interfaces with regional IT teams, relationship management, and IT support team.
* Provides focus and consistency to ongoing epics and features.
* Works closely to ensure all Program Increment and Release activities are following established Laureate global template standards; coach teams, has a continued focus on quality and commitment, and reinforces absolute transparency across the deliverables
* Works closely with Scrum Masters and other release managers on US and international initiatives that are managed using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
* Assists teams in following the prescribed User Story and Task templates to assure governance compliance.
* Escalates critical issues for appropriate/timely resolution.
* Works with Corporate Release Management to provide timely team and train performance metrics.
* Facilitates sharing of best practices through informal communication channels and/or formal training sessions.
* Interprets and maintains basic financial management schedules including budgets, forecasts and other related financial information. Review budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary. In partnership with the Corporate PMO Enterprise ERP platforms, develop best practices, techniques, and tools for release planning, milestone/dependency tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
* Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to stakeholders
* Develop strong working relationships with members of the international institutions involved in value delivery.
* Ability to adapt and function effectively in different cultures and environments.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* A minimum of 8 years of progressive information technology experience in project implementation and PMO organizations in a collaborative IT service focused environment.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in an Agile, Scrum, and/or Kanban shop is highly desirable
* Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Leadership and a strong Lean mindset
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle finance applications (PeopleSoft ERP, Hyperion, OBIEE)
* Bilingual candidate with Portuguese or Spanish desired
* A solid background of experience and an impressive record of innovation and attainment of goals in complex organizations, especially in a global enterprise environment and matrix organizations.
* Previous international experience is required and well as the ability to travel extensively (50%).
* Strong change management and leadership skills, and the ability to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work, are required.
* Experience in directing and managing within a dynamic and challenging environment, working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* BA or BS degree in Engineering or Business Operations; MBA a plus
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
* SAFe SA, PMPO, or SP certification a plus
* PMI-ACP or other Agile certification a plus
* Leadership Skills: A self-starter who can excel in a team environment of an aggressively growing and dynamic enterprise. A nonpolitical team player, who can build immediate credibility with the leadership team and with all the IT personnel staff within the division and headquarters. It is essential that this individual has the ability to personally solve problems, coach others, step up and take decisive action to rectify any divergences and can work in a matrix environment.
* Mentor and Training: A passion for sharing project management best practices with others ' all in pursuit of 'institutionalizing' PM within an enterprise. Support those interested in knowing more about the profession.
* Strong Execution Skills. Drives flawless execution of projects as well as contributing to continuous improvements of critical projects and programs. The ability to understand complex needs to ensure IT plans are delivered as promised.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.