Director, Program Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONKPMG's values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it. The KPMG culture is rooted in our values - it's a culture of trust and collaboration, flexibility and diversity, where people share knowledge freely and genuinely try to bring out the very best in others. This culture allows you to flourish both as a professional and as an individual - to enjoy a challenging career and get the most from your personal life. Our business services groups consist of professionals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. We are currently seeking a Director, Independence to join our Independence team in our New York, NY office.
- Build and lead a Program Management function/capability, including implementation of a system or tool to facilitate management of multiple projects of varied sizes; enhance execution and completion of projects; provide advice on project management to PM team members, project owners, and project participants
- Develop work plans, including the definition of project objectives, estimates, and resource requirements; integrate and align with existing processes and tools; communicate project status; manage changes to project scope and schedule; develop and maintain project artifacts, stakeholder analysis and status reporting
- Partner with leadership to guide prioritization of projects and utilization of resources, while regularly delivering progress reports; proactively raising areas of concern; assessing needs for additional support to achieve results and meet delivery timelines
- Spearhead process improvement initiatives utilizing formal structures such as Six Sigma DMAIC model, while defining, documenting, and implementing process and program management methodologies known as Standard Operating Procedures for use internally or for use externally by stakeholders
- Liaise frequently with personnel working on projects to provide guidance during project execution, maintain insight regarding status of projects, keep projects on track, understand requirements, dependencies, deliverables, and timeframes, and recommend alternative solutions or approaches
- Oversee the distribution, prioritization, quality and volume of the Program Management team's work; manage priorities and escalate concerns as appropriate, while proactively providing meaningful and timely ongoing performance feedback
- Ten years of demonstrated success in program management, change management/stakeholder management, establishing a PM function, communicating with senior personnel, and in organizing, prioritizing, planning and executing multiple large and medium-scale projects from definition through implementation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Master's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- PMP or similar certification preferred
- Extensive experience and ability leading and managing people and multiple projects; motivation and influencing skills; ability to train colleagues on project management techniques
- Effective and clear communication with senior personnel, modifying content and delivery for the audience; well-honed ability to build relationships, networks, and credibility with numerous constituents, and, in particular, with senior personnel
- Organizational expertise with attention to details; adept with technology; proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Project or other project management tool
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .