Director, Promotions & Data Migration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Director of Promotions provides strategic direction and creates, leads and executes initiatives relative to companywide promotions including EBW (End, Bulks, & Wings). This position will be responsible for leading an organization of sophisticated analysts that will be performing fact based, data driven, and statistical analysis for Office Depot. This position will work with senior level executives to define business needs and ensure alignment and support for recommendations; evaluate, direct and approve initiatives and direct the efforts of the promotional analysis team. The position will also be responsible for ensuring all data is migrated into JDA systems based on customer migration or building consolidation for Retail, BSD, and Direct channels.
- Leads the team to improve forecast accuracy on promotions and EBW products- Recommend new initiatives and processes based on industry best practices to enable efficient use of primary forecasting system and improve forecast accuracy.
- Participate in weekly senior leadership meetings to communicate results of root cause/ad-hoc analyses and identify any potential forecasting risks and recommends solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate and/or perform analysis of potential forecast trends found in historical inventory sales when compared to prior.- Establish KPI's and gain alignment on success measures cross functionally to have more accurate and efficient promotion inventory levels (over/under stocking of product).
- Establish processes to ensure data is migrating accurately for all customer migrations and building consolidations.- Monitor and adjust, as needed, customer inventory levels after transition to meet customer demand in new platform.
- Determine demand that should transitioned from building consolidation and adjust accordingly.- Offer frequent feedback and coaching in order to develop direct reports.
- Provide relevant forecast information and insights that help the Forecast Managers/Analysts understand and act upon sales opportunities and category objectives.
- Serve as the primary support/back-up for the Sr. Director of Forecasting and represents the promotion team for internal functions/meetings. Qualifications:- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in related field (Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Forecasting Analytics Other Information:- Area of study in Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Accounting, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or similar
- Technical competencies in SQL, SSIS, MS Excel, Mathematics and Statistics is a plus as is any sort of coding (any language)
- Retail experience is a must Automate data aggregation and processing with SSIS or other tools. Proficient in MS Excel Communication and customer service skills Basic retail buying/planning industry knowledge Close eye to detail and follow through skills needed Must be able to troubleshoot issues and think ahead Strong analytical and problem solving skills Develop process improvements to improve accuracy Team Player Strong partnerships/relationship building Organizational skills Multi task orientated Self-starter Leadership Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .