Director, Quality Assurance (Avionics SW)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Superior Group is helping our aerospace client in Pasadena, CA find a director of quality. This is a salaried with benefits position.
The Quality Assurance Director is a key member of the management team responsible for working cross functionally to continuously improve processes and controls used to design, procure, manufacture, distribute, and support flight critical avionics instrumentation and control devices used in serving the world-wide commercial and military aircraft markets.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Total Quality Architecture Development Plan.
- Brief executive management on the status of the quality function, cross functional controls, process improvement, risk mitigation action plans, and reporting metrics.
- Working cross functionally to implement processes and controls that meet FAA regulations, and liaison with responsible FAA officials.
- Working cross functionally to implement processes and controls to cost effectively maintain AS 9100 approval status.
- Provide engineering, software development, and quality expertise in developing processes used to develop and manufacture flight critical avionic products/systems.
- Provide engineering, software, and quality expertise in supporting the Procurement Team in selecting and managing certified suppliers.
- Recruiting, training, and evaluating quality team members.
- Manage receiving inspection function.
- Plan and schedule quality control personnel task assignments.
- Establish and provide quality training programs.
- Lead process improvement teams utilizing Six Sigma and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Calibration lab and retaining calibration recall system.
- Regularly collect and analyze failure reports.
- Maintain PMA and TSO status for all required parts.
- Manage CAR process timeliness, completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain corporate vendor approval segments.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
BSEE, BSCS or similar
Min 7 years of experience in aerospace quality or manufacturing operations
Min 5 years of experience in quality or manufacturing management
Min of 3 experience in a FAA and AS9100 environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.