Director, Quality Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is one of the largest producer of private label salty snacks in North America. The company has more than quadrupled its growth over the last 10 years through strategic acquisition and organic growth, making it the leading private label and contract manufacturer of salty snacks, cookies, and crackers. Located in Ohio, the company operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia, and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of QualitySystems is responsible for leading, managing, and executing quality and food safety programs and systems with an emphasis on SQF (Safe Quality Foods), FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act), Specifications System, Plant Data Collection, Analysis, and Work Flow System, and Consumer Affairs for all manufacturing and distribution sites. This position reports to the Vice President, Quality Assurance & Food Safety.
The successful candidate will have significant cross functional experience in the Food Safety and Quality function, having served in a management role (single plant or multi-plant) along with demonstrated technical expertise in regulatory compliance and QA systems. They have had relevant exposure to or responsibility for regulatory compliance, systems design & implementation, and quality leadership at an enterprise or corporate level.
* Lead SQF Program to ensure full SQF compliance at all manufacturing and distribution locations
* Lead FDA FSMA programs to ensure production of safe products
* Oversee corporate product specifications system
* Oversee corporate Plant Data Collection, Analysis, and Work Flow Systems
* Oversee Consumer Affairs including CAPA system and Quality Scorecards
* Keeps abreast of and monitor latest food safety regulations and guidance
* Develops operating policies and procedures to support food safety and quality
* Drive the corporate food safety and quality objectives by establishing and maintaining close team working relationships with Manufacturing, Maintenance, Engineering, Distribution, and Operations personnel
* Align qualitysystems with customer and company needs
* Lead real time data analytics for the purpose of improving product quality
* Achieve compliance with customer and regulatory requirements
* Reports to the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Food Safety
* Direct reports: Consumer Affairs Representative and QualitySystems Content Experts (6 individuals)
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related technical field
* 7-10 years' of leadership experience leading Quality Assurance, Food Safety, and Regulatory programs
* Comprehensive knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP, cGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control, and Recall programs)
* Direct responsibility for SQF in a food manufacturing facility, including being SQF practitioner, or similar GFSI scheme
* Comprehensive knowledge of FDA standards
* A good understanding of FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act)
* HACCP Certification
* Experience with Infinity QS, or other related SPC programs
* Experience with leading Consumer Affairs including generating CAPA (corrective and preventive action) and complaint scorecards
* Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and written
* Managerial experience, including managing a QA department
* Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
* Lead 'best in class' behaviors with focus on food safety, quality assurance, and plant regulatory compliance
* Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Experience planning and implementing preventative systems
* Experience working directly with auditors, customers, and suppliers.
* Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Communication, internally and externally.
* Thinking beyond the plan - using data to drive performance.
* Drive operations excellence and deliver the plan.
* Build customer value.
* Courageous leadership.
* Acts with a sense of urgency
* Passionate leader that inspires innovative thinking
* Multi-faceted approach to problem solving
* Strong communication skills with the ability to modify style for different audiences
* Knows where to go to find resources
* Hands-on, "can do" attitude
* Inquisitive and able to assess situations quickly
* Passion for products and mission.
* Possess strong business skills.
* Navigate complex organizations.
* Be part of a values based culture where people and communities are considered important stakeholders and respect, teamwork, and giving back are key cultural guideposts.
* Work and standout in a flat, non-bureaucratic environment that values action orientation and speed of decision making.
* Ability to make an immediate and lasting difference.