This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
What you ll be doing:
* As a key member of the Clinical Systems Division s Management team, and reporting to the VP and General Manager, you will provide the overall technical leadership and vision for the research and development organization.
* You will develop a technology roadmap and vision for the future product portfolio to build new functionality into existing products as well as develop products to address identified market opportunities.
* Provide leadership, technical oversight as well as general direction for a multi-disciplinary group of scientists and engineers
* Participate with other senior leaders in the organization to establish strategic plans and objectives, and help drive them to completion
* Interface with key stakeholders to ensure designs and products meet both customer needs and regulatory requirements
* Work to improve our new product development processes
* Identify, leading and manage technical design reviews, technical studies, data analysis and documentation
* Facilitate the interaction between teams/departments to achieve positive impact on product quality, manufacturability, time to market and overall profitability
* Create innovative concepts and new ideas for consideration through in-depth technology and market analysis coupled with industry knowledge
* Manage product support function
* Manage resolution of technical issues to timely closure, within the quality system
* Prepare and manage global R&D budgets and headcount
What you need for this role:
* Master s degree in a physical or life science is required; PhD, preferred
* A minimum of ten years experience in the in vitro diagnostics industry, including a minimum of 5 years experience running an R&D Organization
* Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate concepts, opportunities and project plans to all levels of a technical and non-technical organization
* Proven track record for effectively driving large scale change initiatives and working effectively in highly matrixed organizations
* Demonstrated experience operating and managing within global organizations
* Hands-on approach in leading a variety of projects and experiments; with the ability to define development project objectives and priorities
* Ability to manage effectively in a matrix environment and display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships with R&D teams, marketing groups, business units, division staff, and corporate leadership team
* Experience in development and commercialization of diagnostics equipment and products to clinical diagnostics markets
* Demonstrated expertise in Agile, Lean Product Development and Design for Six Sigma
* Extensive experience with HPLC hemoglobin A1c and hemoglobinopathies is required
* Demonstrable knowledge of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry is required
* Strong understanding of global medical device regulatory requirements, ISO and GMP compliance is required
* Knowledge of Laboratory Automation, Data Reduction Software and LIMS systems; strongly preferred
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for training, growth, and mobility
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.