Program Director of Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation - RN, PT, ST, or OT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 09727-43458
RESEARCH MEDICAL CENTER, located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, has several renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Institute, Heart Care, Neuroscience Institute and Women s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
The Program Director oversees care of all patients on unit, providing support and expertise to staff.
* Ensures the supply of appropriate resources to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services
* Responsible for programmatic development. Develop and implement strategies for growing patient volume. Participate in marketing and business development activities.
* Responsible for the financial viability of Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information. Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the development and implementation of budgetary guidelines. Directs and manages the resources of Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner. Provides input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structures/contracts. Oversight of the PAI functions, insurance approval processes and submission of all UDS information in a timely manner.
* Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meets or exceed its goals.
* Builds trusting and collaborative relationships with staff, peers, other disciplines, ancillary services and physicians. Builds credibility with physicians as a champion for patient care, quality and nursing professionalism. Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
* Assures the development of quality rehabilitation programming to meet market needs in collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff.
* Ensures FIM competency of staff and that facility is FIM certified.
* Directs the development, implementation, and monitoring of the quality management plan for acute rehabilitation services, including outcome measurement. Facilitates interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
* Adheres to all CARF standards
* Evaluates the effectiveness of rehabilitation operational systems and leadership on a regular basis.
A minimum of 5 years healthcare management experience, rehabilitation program or acute care with rehabilitation experience preferred.
RN, PT, OT or speech therapist preferred
Current state licensure in clinical field.
Master s Degree or equivalent in healthcare administration or related field, desired.
Last Edited: 12/17/2016