Director - Respiratory Therapy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01578-71198
At Metropolitan, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients and strive to deliver Methodist Excellence each and every day. Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. That s our promise. Because we are part of Methodist Healthcare, we embrace the organization s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
We are very proud of our hospital and the services we provide to the surrounding community. With our Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Women s Pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, we have been busy earning an excellent reputation one baby at a time. Our Health for Life Center at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital consistently makes a difference through life-changing weight loss surgery. The recent addition of a robotic surgery system is a prime example of how we are integrating new technology to better serve the needs of our patients.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Director of Respiratory Therapy Services plans, directs, and coordinates the daily operations of respiratory function and develops standards/criteria of care in compliance with regulatory agencies. Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and maintains an annual operating and capital budgets. The Director will monitor monthly department operations reports and make appropriate adjustments as needed to meet department fiscal goals.
2. Assures that personnel and students are appropriately oriented, trained and supervised to enhance the efficiency of operations and ensure quality patient care is provided. Provides in-service training to enhance proficiency of staff in providing skilled services for the patient.
3. Ensures daily readiness of staff and department modalities for the patient, JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
4. Develops and implements organizational policies and procedures for the department. Develops, implements, and monitors the Respiratory Therapy Department s quality improvement program.
5. Monitors and evaluates the use of services, facilities and staff to ensure effective use of resources, communicates recommendations and analysis of cost impact to budget regarding space, facilities, equipment, supplies and staffing levels.
6. Coordinates respiratory care activities between Medical Directors, MHS facilities and Administrative functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED CHARACTERISTICS (KSAOS) MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Baccalaureate degree in Respiratory Therapy or biological science is required or five years management experience.
Five years clinical experience required. Experience managing multiple facilities, desirable.
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
Texas Department of Health Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license, National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Last Edited: 08/11/2016